2015 - Volume 5 [Issue 8]
Experience with Parental Vaccination Refusal and Attitudes about Vaccinations of Pediatricians in Greece
H. C. Maltezou1*, D. Gkentzi2, I. Grivea3, N. Chaliasos4, E. Galanakis5, A. Pavli1, P. Katerelos1, G. Syrogiannopoulos3, E. Roilides6 and M. Theodoridou7
1Department for Interventions in Health-Care Facilities, Hellenic Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Athens, Greece.
2Department of Pediatrics, University of Patras, Patras, Greece.
3Department of Pediatrics, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece.
4Department of Pediatrics, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece.
5Department of Pediatrics, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece.
63rd Department of Pediatrics, Aristotle University School of Medicine, Hippokration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece.
71st Department of Pediatrics, University of Athens, Aghia Sophia Children’s Hospital, Athens, Greece.
(1) Oswin Grollmuss, Head of Department of Pediatric and Adult Resuscitation, University Paris XI, France.
(1) Andrea Trevisan, Dept. of Cardiologic, Thoracic and Vascular Sciences, University of Padova, Italy.
(2) louis J. van Bogaert , National Health Laboratory Service, Polokwane/Mankweng Hospital Complex, University of Limpopo, South Africa.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6590
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/13493
Ovarian Cancer Symptom Awareness and Its Response among Female Health Workers
Adewale S. Adeyemi1, Adeola F. Afolabi1* and Opeyemi A. Adedeji2
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, College of Health Sciences, LadokeAkintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State, Nigeria.
2Department of Medicine, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.
(1) Chryssoula Staikou Medical School, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece and Department of Anaesthesia, Aretaieio Hospital, Athens, Greece.
(1) Keiichiro Adachi, Department of Psychology, Kobe Shoin Women’s University, Japan.
(2) Anonymous, Industrial Technology Research Institute, Taiwan.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6591
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/13354
Prevalence of Hepatitis B Virus (HBV), Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Infections and their Co-infection among Blood Donors in Minia Governorate, Egypt
Noha A. Hassuna1, Zeinab Mahmoud Mohamed2, Sahar Mohamed Abo-Eleuoon1 and M. Abdel-Hamid1*
1Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Minia University, Minia, Egypt.
2Regional Blood Bank, Minia Governorate, Egypt.
(1) Jia Xu, University of Texas-M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA.
(1) Oladiran Famurewa, Department of Microbiology, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria.
(2) Sarwat Fatima, Microbiology / Deccan College of Medical Sciences / Dr. Ntruhs Vijayawada India.
(3) Anonymous, National Institute of Child Health, USA.
(4) Julieta Trinks, Instituto de Ciencias Básicasy Medicina Experimental – Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6592
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/12901
Short Research Article
An Improved Hemicorporectomy Technique
M. Burhan Janjua1*, David C. Crafts2,3 and Frank E. Johnson2,3
1Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, USA.
2Saint Louis University Medical Center, St. Louis, MO, USA.
3Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St. Louis, MO, USA.
(1) Salomone Di Saverio, Emergency Surgery Unit, Department of General and Transplant Surgery, S. Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Italy.
(1) Georgios Androutsopoulos, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Patras, Medical School, Greece.
(2) Anonymous, Neurosurgery, TUMS, Iran.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6593
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/13742
Risk Factors and Pregnancy Outcome of Placental Abruption at the Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital, Okolobiri, South-South Nigeria
Isaac Joel Abasi1, Israel Jeremiah1* and Atombosoba Adokiye Ekine1
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, College of Health Sciences, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State, Nigeria.
(1) Jimmy T. Efird, East Carolina Heart Institute, Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina, USA.
(1) Anonymous, PerkinElmer Labs/NTD, USA.
(2) Anonymous, Catholic Maternity Hospital, Nigeria.
(3) Mariano Martin-Loeches de la Lastra, Hospital University San Carlos, Denia (Alicante), Spain.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6594
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/12842
Effects of Tetracycline Son Soil Enzyme Activities in an Alluvial Soil
O. P. Bansal1*
1Department of Chemistry, D.S. College, Aligarh-202001 (U.P.), India.
(1) Chan-Min Liu, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, PR China.
(1) Coulibaly Kalpy Julien, Pasteur Institute of Côte d'Ivoire, Laboratory Studies and Research Chemicals and Microbiological Contaminants in Foods (UNERCO) Unit, Côte d'Ivoire.
(2) Mauri Sergio Alves Palma, Department of Biochemical and Pharmaceutical Technology, University of São Paulo, Brazil.
(3) Gökhan Eraslan, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Erciyes University, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6669
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/12904
Curcumin Effects on Hepatic Steatosis and Histopathology in an Obese Mouse Mode
Asha Nookala1, Betty Herndon1*, Agostino Molteni1, Hamid Zia1, Laura Alba1, Jagdish Nachnani2 and Deepti Bulchandani2
1School of Medicine, University of MO-Kansas City, MO, USA.
2Sumner Medical Group, Gallatin, TN, USA.
(1) Claudia Borza, Department of Pathophysiology, “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, România.
(1) Anonymous, Guangzhou First People's Hospital, Guangzhou Medical University, China.
(2) Anonymous, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Iran.
(3) Yong-Song Guan, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, China.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6670
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/13548
Biochemical and Histopathological Studies on the Effect of Raw and Cooked Tetracarpidium conophorum on Male Albino Rats
V. O. Apeh1*, C. O. Amoke2, E. G. Anaduaka1, S. A. M. Ohayi3, S. I. Egba4, C. V. Agu1 and P. N. Uzoegwu1
1Department of Biochemistry, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria.
2Department of Zoology and Environmental Biology, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Nigeria.
3Department of Pathology, Enugu State University Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria.
4Department of Biochemistry, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Nigeria.
(1) Sinan Ince, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Afyon Kocatepe, Turkey.
(1) Rehana Mushtaq, Zoology Department , Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology, Karachi, Pakistan.
(2) Ahmed E. Abdel Moneim, Zoology, Helwan University, Egypt.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6671
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/13707
Bayesian Joint Modelling of Disease Progression Marker and Time to Death Event of HIV/AIDS Patients under ART Follow-up
Gemeda Bedaso Buta1, Ayele Taye Goshu1 and Hailemichael M. Worku2
1School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Hawassa University, Ethiopia.
2Department of Methods and Statistics, Leiden University, The Netherlands.
(1) Chan Shen, Department of Biostatistics, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, USA.
(1) Fasakin Kolawole, Department of Haematology, Federal Medical Centre, Ido Ekiti, Nigeria.
(2) Nlida Virginia Gmez, Medicine Department, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(3) Mohammad Kamali, Rehabilitation Research Centre, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Iran.
(4) Shalini Malhotra, Microbiology, Delhi University, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6672
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/12907
Diagnosis of Multi-drug Resistant Tuberculosis Mutations Using Hain Line Probe Assay and GeneXpert: A Study Done in Zimbabwe
S. Dube-Mandishora Racheal1,2*, Dhlamini Zephaniah2, Mutetwa Reggie1, Duri Kerina3, Stray-Pedersen Babill4 and Mason Peter1
1Biomedical Research and Training Institute (BRTI), 10 Seagrave Road, Mount Pleasant Harare, Zimbabwe.
2Department of Applied Biology and Biochemistry, National University of Science and Technology (NUST), P.O.Box AC 939, Ascot, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.
3Department of Immunology, College of Health Sciences, University of Zimbabwe, Mazowe Street, Parirenyatwa Complex, P.O.Box A178, Avondale, Harare, Zimbabwe.
4Division of Women and Children, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, 0027 Oslo, Norway.
(1) Roberto Manfredi, University of Bologna, S. Orsola Hospital, Bologna.
(1) Magda Ramadan Abdelwadood, Medical Microbiology and Immunology Department, Ain Shamis University, Egypt.
(2) Shalini Malhotra, Microbiology Department, Delhi University, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6677
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/13979
A Prospective Study on 3,907 Patients with Thyroid Nodules. Sono-histological Comparison and the Controversial Significance of the Halo Sign in Predicting Thyroid Malignancy
T. Solymosi1*, Lukács Tóth Gy2, DezsÅ‘ Nagy3 and I. Gál4
1Department of Thyroid Outpatient, Bugat Hospital, Gyöngyös, Hungary.
2Department of Pathology, Bugat Hospital, Gyöngyös, Hungary.
3Department of Nuclear Medicine, Honved Hospital, Budapest, Hungary.
4Department of Surgery, Telki Hospital, Telki, Hungary.
(1) Chulso Moon,The JS YOON Memorial Cancer Research Institute, USA & Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Cancer, Research Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, USA.
(1) Patorn Piromchai, Department of Otolaryngology, Khon Kaen University, Thailand.
(2) Maria de Fátima Borges, Endocrinology Department, Universidade Federal do Triângulo Mineiro, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6678
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/13743
Hypertension and Masked Hypertension in a Small Town in Central Italy Revealed Using Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring: a Descriptive Observational Study
Davide Lazzarini1* and Giorgio Ioli1
1Second Department of Medicine, Medicine III unit, Santarcangelo di Romagna, Azienda Unità Sanitaria Locale della Romagna, Italy.
(1) Gaetano Santulli, College of Physicians & Surgeons Columbia University Medical Center New York, NY, USA.
(1) Anonymous, Federal University of Piauí, Brazil.
(2) Nicolás Roberto Robles, Unidad de HTA, Hospital Infanta Cristina, Carretera de Portugal s/n, 06080, Badajoz, Spain.
(3) Anonymous, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
(4) Anonymous, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
(5) Izreen Supa’at, Faculty of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Universiti Selangor, Malaysia.
(6) Luis Javier Mena, Departamento de Informática, Universidad Politécnica de Sinaloa, México.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6679
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/12462
Pediatric Facial Arteriovenous Malformations: Case Report and Overview of the Basics
Alok Bhatt1, Harry Cloft1 and Peter Kalina1*
1Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street, Rochester, MN 55905, USA.
(1) Franciszek Burdan, Experimental Teratology Unit, Human Anatomy Department, Medical University of Lublin, Poland and Radiology Department, St. John’s Cancer Center, Poland.
(1) Anonymous, George Washington University, USA.
(2) N. Scott Litofsky, Division of Neurological Surgery, University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine, USA.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6680
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/12467
A Novel Transglutaminase-1 Missense Mutation in a Palestinian Family with Autosomal Recessive Congenital Ichthyosis: A Case Report
Mohammed J. Ashour1, Shadi F. Al-Ashi1 and Fadel A. Sharif1*
1Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Islamic University, Gaza, Palestine.
(1) Sinan Ince, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Afyon Kocatepe, Turkey.
(1) Anonymous, Rubber Research Institute, China.
(2) Vittorio Gentile, Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and General Pathology, Second University of Naples, Italy.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6681
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/10731
Late Presentation of Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser Syndrome in the Tropics-Northern Nigeria
I. A. Yakasai1*, S. M. Daneji1, A. Natasha1 and E. M. Yunus1
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Bayero University Kano/Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital Kano, Nigeria.
(1) E. Umit Bagriacik, Department of Immunology, Gazi University, Turkey.
(2) Jimmy T. Efird, Department of Public Health, Director of Epidemiology and Outcomes Research East Carolina Heart Institute, Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina, USA.
(1) Anonymous, Hospital Universitario y Politécnico La Fe, Valencia, Spain.
(2) Georgios Androutsopoulos, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Patras, Medical School, Greece.
(3) Alan Mu Kang Wai, Research and training unit, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Malaya, Malaysia.
(4) Anonymous, Hacettepe University, Turkey.
(5) Anonymous, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais – UFMG – Belo Horizonte (MG), Brasil.
Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/6682
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/11384