2014 - Volume 4 [Issue 27 (21-30 September)]
Research of HLA II Class DRB1, DQA1, DQB1 Genetic Markers in Patients with HIV Infection and AIDS
Diana Kasjko1*, Vladislavs Jasinskis1, Jelena Eglite1, Jelena Golushko2, Gunta Sture3,4, Arthur Kalimulin2, Arthur Sochnevs1 and Ludmila Viksna3
1Riga Stradins University, Joint Laboratory of Clinical Immunology and Immunogenetics, Kronvalda Boulevard 9, Riga, Latvia.
2Institute of Chromatography LLC, Antonijas Street 22-1, Riga, Latvia.
3Riga Stradins University, Department of Infectology and Dermatology, Linezera Street 3, Riga, Latvia.
4Riga Eastern Clinical University Hospital, Infectology Center of Latvia, Linezera Street 3, Riga, Latvia.
(1) Kiran Singh, Department of Molecular & Human Genetics, Banaras Hindu University, India.
(1) Ioannis Kyriazis, Asclepeion General Hospital, Greece.
(2) Nazmul Huda, Green University of Bangladesh, Bangladesh.
(3) Runlin Z. Ma, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
(6) Maria de Lourdes Veronese Rodrigues, Medical School of Ribeirão Preto - University of São Paulo, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History:http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/4952
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2014/8734
Bacterial Profile of Diabetic Foot Ulcers of Patients Visiting a Specialist Diabetic Clinic at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, Kumasi, Ghana
Ruth C. Brenyah1, Richard K. D. Ephraim2*, Ben A. Eghan Jnr3 and John Asamoah4
1Department of Clinical Microbiology, School of Medical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana.
2Medical Laboratory Division, Department of Laboratory Technology, University of Cape Coast, Ghana.
3Department of Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana.
4Department of Clinical Microbiology, Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, Kumasi, Ghana.
(1) Gaetano Santulli, College of Physicians & Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA.
(4) Christian Rueda-Clausen, University of Alberta, Canada.
Complete Peer review History:http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/4953
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2014/6054
From Faulty Biochemical Assumptions to Poor Diagnostic Performance: Reflections on the Failure of DNA Microarrays to Become a Reliable Clinical Diagnostic Tool
1National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Prevention; 9609 Medical Center Dr, Bethesda, MD 20892-9789; USA.
(1) Philippe E. Spiess, Department of Genitourinary Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, USA and Department of Urology and Department of Oncologic Sciences (Joint Appointment), College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA.
(1) Jane Shen-Gunther, USA.
(4) Prasun Guha, Johns Hopkins University, USA.
Complete Peer review History:http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/4954
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2014/9661
Does the Period of Air-Drying Affect Dentin Bond Strength of Different Adhesive Systems?
Emre Nagas1, Isil Cekic-Nagas2*, Gulfem Ergun2, Pekka K. Vallittu3 and Lippo V. J. Lassila3
1Hacettepe University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Endodontics, Ankara, Turkey.
2Gazi University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Prosthodontics, Ankara, Turkey.
3University of Turku, Institute of Dentistry, Department of Biomaterials Science and Turku Clinical Biomaterials Centre – TCBC, Turku, Finland.
(1) Franciszek Burdan, Experimental Teratology Unit, Human Anatomy Department, Medical University of Lublin, Poland and Radiology Department, St. John’s Cancer Center, Poland.
Complete Peer review History:http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/4963
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2014/9132
Evaluation of Pathogenic Potentialities and Transmissibility of Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacteria in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
M. Majumdar1, D. Modak2, M. Ganguly3, K. Mazumdar3 and S. G. Dastidar4*
1Department of Oral Medicine, R. Ahmed Dental College, A.J.C Bose Road, Kolkata-700014, India.
2Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, Calcutta Medical College and Hospital, College Street, Kolkata-700073, India.
3Division of Microbiology, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata-700032, India.
4Department of Microbiology, Herbicure Healthcare Bio-Herbal Research Foundation, Saral Dighi (E), Boral, Kolkata-700154, India.
(1) Leticia Reyes, University of Florida, College of Dentistry, and College of Veterinary Medicine, USA.
(2) NS Abbai, South Africa.
Complete Peer review History:http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/4964
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2014/9927
Feeding Pattern and Health Challenges of Nigerian Primary School Children in a Southeastern Urban Centre
C. I. Ndukwu1*
1Department of Paediatrics, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Anambra State, Nigeria.
(1) William Ebomoyi, Department of Health Studies, College of Health Sciences, Chicago State University, Chicago illinois 60628-1598, USA.
(2) Tarek Tawfik Amin, Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt.
(3) Salomone Di Saverio, Emergency Surgery Unit, Department of General and Transplant Surgery, S. Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Bologna, Italy.
(2) Freda Dzifa Intiful, University of Ghana, Ghana.
Complete Peer review History:http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/4994
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2014/9942
Prevalence and Risk Factors of Very Low Birth Weight in Infants Born at the Maternity and Children Hospitals in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia during 2012-2013
Amena Yahya Munshi1, Omar Balbaid2 and Naseem Akhtar Qureshi3*
1Department of Filed Epidemiology, Public Health Administration, Ministry of Health, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
2Department of Higher Education, Postgraduate Studies Center for Family and Community Medicine, Ministry of Health, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
3General Administration of Research and Studies, Ministry of Health, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
(1) Arun Kumar Nalla, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Peoria, IL, USA.
(2) Catherine M. Ngoma, University of Zambia, Zambia.
Complete Peer review History:http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/4995
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2014/11151
Delivery Safety of Women from Tribal and Non-tribal Areas, in the State of Maharashtra, India
Prakash Prakabhakarrao Doke1* and Shailesh Rajaram Deshpande2
1Department of Community Medicine, MGM Medical College, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai, 410 209, India.
2Symbiosis School of Biomedical Sciences, Lavale, Taluka: Mulshi, District: Pune, 412 005, India.
(1) Alexandre Zanchenko Fonseca, Department of General Surgery, Univertisty of Santo Amaro, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History:http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/4996
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2014/9795
Age and Gender Differences in Authorship among University Hospital Physicians in Sweden, Norway and Italy (The HOUPE Study)
Lise Tevik Løvseth1*, Ismail Cüneyt Güzey1,2, Ann Fridner3,4, Daria Minucci5 and Olav Morten Linaker1,2
1Department of Research and Development, Division of Psychiatry [AFFU], St Olavs University Hospital, P.O. Box 3008 Lade, NO-7041 Trondheim, Norway.
2Department of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway.
3Department of Psychology, Stockholm University, Sweden.
4Centre of Gender Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden.
5Department of Oncological Gynecology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy.
(1) Jimmy T. Efird, Department of Public Health, Director of Epidemiology and Outcomes Research, East Carolina Heart Institute, Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina, USA.
(1) Mustafa Ozmusul, Harran University, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History:http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/4997
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2014/10799
Modified Leishman Stain: The Mystery Unfolds
K. A. Fasakin1*, G. R. A. Okogun2, C. T. Omisakin1, A. A. Adeyemi3 and A. J. Esan1
1Department of Haematology, Federal Medical Centre, P.M.B 201, Ido Ekiti, Nigeria.
2Department of Medical Laboratory Science, Ambrose Alli University, P.M.B 114, Ekpoma, Nigeria.
3Department of Chemical Pathology, Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, P.M.B 5538, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
(1) Kishore Kumar Hotha, Novel Laboratories, Inc., Somerset, NJ 08873, USA.
(1) Okoye Jude Ogechukwu, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nigeria.
(2) Mohammed Wael Daboul, Damascus University, Syria.
Complete Peer review History:http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/4998
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2014/10855