2018 - Volume 26 [Issue 10]
Clinical Practice Article
Pearls of Clinical Examination of the Eyes for Family Medicine Practitioners
Sagili Chandrasekhara Reddy1* and K. Ambigga Devi2
1Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine and Defence Health, National Defence University of Malaysia, Sungai Besi Campus, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2Department of Primary Care Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Defence Health, National Defence University of Malaysia, Sungai Besi Campus, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
(1) Barbara Giambene, Department of Translational Surgery and Medicine, University of Firenze, Italy.
(1) Rodrigo Fabri Berbel, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Brazil.
(2) Ugur Acar, World Eye Hospital, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/25030
DOI : 10.9734/JAMMR/2018/42189
Chronic Pulmonary Aspergillosis Misdiagnosed as Smear-Negative Pulmonary Tuberculosis in a TB Clinic in Nigeria
Titilola Gbaja-Biamila1*, Felix Bongomin2,3,4, Nicholas Irurhe5, Augustina O. Nwosu6 and Rita O. Oladele3,7
1Clinical Sciences Division, Nigerian Institute of Medical Research Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria.
2National Aspergillosis Centre, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, M23 9LT, UK.
3Divison of Infection , Immunity and Respiratory Medicine, School of Biological Sciences , Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK.
4Department of Medical Microbiology & Immunology, School of Medicine, Gulu University, Gulu, Uganda.
5Department of Radiology, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria.
6AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria, Central Laboratory, College of Medicine of University of Lagos, Nigeria.
7Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria.
(1) Emmanouil (Manolis) Magiorkinis, General Hospital of Rethumnon, Trantalidou 19-21, Rethymnon 74100, Greece.
(2) Masahiro Hasegawa, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan.
(1) Syed Hafeezul Hassan, Liaquat National hospital and Medical College, Pakistan.
(2) Lamiaa A. Madkour, Cairo University, Egypt.
(3) Bernadette Ngo Nonga, University of Yaounde I, Cameroon.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/25073
DOI : 10.9734/JAMMR/2018/41816
Impact of Medical and Neurological Complications on Intra-Hospital Mortality of Stroke in a Reference Hospital in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Lompo Djingri Labodi1*, Cisse Kadari2, Kabre Nestor Judicael1, Napon Christian3, Millogo Athanase4 and Kabore B. Jean3
1CHU de Tingandogo, Unité de Formation et de Recherches des Sciences de la Santé, Burkina Faso.
2Département Biologie Médicale et Santé Publique, Institut de Recherche en Sciences de la Santé Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
3CHU Yalgado Ouédraogo de Ouagadougou, UFR/SDS, Université Ouaga I-Pr Joseph Ki-Zerbo, Burkina Faso.
4CHU Souro Sanou de Bobo-Dioulasso, UFR/SDS, Université Ouaga I-Pr Joseph Ki-Zerbo, Burkina Faso.
(1) Jera Kruja, Member of Scientific Committee, European Academy of Neurology, Member of Teaching Courses Committee, World Federation of Neurology, Neurology, University of Medicine, Tirana, Albania.
(1) Adrià Arboix, University of Barcelona, Spain.
(2) Mra Aye, Melaka Manipal Medical College, Malaysia.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/25097
DOI : 10.9734/JAMMR/2018/42376
Seroprevalence of Treponema pallidum Antibodies among Blood Donors in a Tertiary Hospital in South-South Nigeria
Kingsley Akaba1, Olukayode Oshatuyi2*, Marcus Inyama1, Obinna Iheanacho1, Freeman Jabengo3, Chisom Ntomchukwu1, Essien U. Ekpeyong1, Offiong A. Bassey4 and Anthony N. Kokelu1
1Department of Haematology, University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, Calabar, Nigeria.
2Department of Biochemistry, Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria.
3Department of Chemical Pathology, University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, Calabar, Nigeria.
4Department of Microbiology, University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, Calabar, Nigeria.
(1) Faris Q. B. Alenzi, Department of Medical Laboratories, College of Applied Medical Sciences Salman bin Abdulaziz University (Al-Kharj), Saudi Arabia.
(2) E. Umit Bagriacik, Department of Immunology, Gazi University, Turkey.
(3) Angelo P. Giardino, Professor, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA and Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA.
(1) Oti Baba Victor, Nasarawa State University, Nigeria.
(2) Neelkanth Kote, Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/25098
DOI : 10.9734/JAMMR/2018/41574
Factors Associated with the Occurrence of Medical Complications in the Acute Phase of Stroke in a Reference Hospital at Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Lompo Djingri Labodi1*, Cisse Kadari2, Savadogo Mahamoudou3, Kabre Nestor Judicaël1, Napon Cristian3 and Kabore Jean3
1Health Sciences Training and Research Unit, Tingandogo Teaching Hospital, University Ouaga I- Pr Joseph Ki-Zerbo, Burkina Faso.
2Department of Medical Biology and Public Health, Institute of Health Sciences of Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
3Health Sciences Training and Research Unit, Yalgado Ouedraogo Teaching Hospital of Ouagadougou, University Ouaga I-Pr Joseph Ki-Zerbo, Burkina Faso.
(1) Chris Ekpenyong, Department of Human Physiology, College of Health Sciences, University of Uyo, Nigeria.
(1) Adrià Arboix, University of Barcelona, Spain.
(2) Irina Iuliana Costache, Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Romania.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/25116
DOI : 10.9734/JAMMR/2018/41869
Biomarkers for Carcinoma Meningitis in Solid Tumors
Ashish Manne1* and Ravi Paluri2
1Department of Pathology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, UK.
2Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, UK.
(1) Abrao Rapoport, Professor, General Director of Heliopolis Cancer Hospital, Sao Paulo Unversity, Brazil.
(1) Ebtissam Alerraqi, Egypt.
(2) Jose Francisco De Sales Chagas, Sao Leopoldo Mandic Medical School, Brasil.
(3) Arthur N. Chuemere, Univerity of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/25157
DOI : 10.9734/JAMMR/2018/41792
A Comparative In vivo Study for Evaluation of the Amount of Gingival Displacement
Arun Kumar Tiwari1, Kaushik Kumar Pandey1*, A. K. Verma1, Mariyam Ali1, Pratibha Katiyar1, Abhishek Gaur1, Naeem Ahmed2 and Fauzia Tarannum1
1Department of Prosthodontics, Career Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Lucknow, India.
2Department of Clinical Dental Sciences, Batterjee Dental College, Jeddah, KSA.
(1) Emad Tawfik Mahmoud Daif, Professor, Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Cairo University, Egypt.
(2) Rodrigo Crespo Mosca, Department of Biotechnology, Institute of Energetic and Nuclear Research (IPEN-CNEN), University of Sao Paulo (USP), Brazil.
(1) Lauritano Dorina, University of Milan-Bicocca, Italy.
(2) Luciana de Barros Correia Fontes, Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/25178
DOI : 10.9734/JAMMR/2018/42212