2018 - Volume 8 [Issue 2(April-June)]
Effects of Higher Doses of Vitamin E on Toxicity and Inflammation
Eugene Jansen1*, Dale Viezeliene2, Piet Beekhof1, Eric Gremmer1 and Leonid Ivanov2
1Centre for Health Protection, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, P.O.Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands.
2Department of Biochemistry, Medical Academy, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, A. Mickeviciaus 9, LT-44307, Kaunas, Lithuania.
(1) Joanna Magdalena Zarzynska, Department Food Hygiene and Human Health Protection, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Warsaw, Poland.
(1) Esraa Ashraf Ahmed El Hawary, Ain Shams University, Egypt.
(2) Tatjana Radosavljević, University of Belgrade, Serbia.
(3) Daohong Chen, China.
(4) Veeravan Lekskulchai, Srinakhariwirot University, Thailand.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/23229
DOI : 10.9734/EJNFS/2018/39438
Food Safety and Hygiene Practices among Food Vendors in a Tertiary Educational Institution in South Western Nigeria
Funmilola Adenike Faremi1, Matthew Idowu Olatubi2* and Greg C. Nnabuife1
1Department of Nursing Science, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
2Department of Nursing Science, Bowen University, Iwo, Nigeria.
(1) Zhanibek Yessimbekov, Shakarim State University of Semey, Kazakhstan.
(1) Kelly Lameiro Rodrigues, Federal University of Pelotas, Brazil.
(2) Mojca Jevšnik, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
(3) Abdelsalam Tidjani, University of N’Djamena, Chad.
(4) Ilaria Proietti, Italy.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/23591
DOI : 10.9734/EJNFS/2018/39368
The Effect of Dairy Intake with Caloric Restriction on Bone Mineral Density and Lipids in Overweight/Obese Post-Menopausal Women
Dina H. Fakhrawi1, W. Lawrence Beeson1,2, Narmina Mamed1, T. Allan Darnell3 and Zaida Cordero-MacIntyre1,2*
1Center for Nutrition, Healthy Lifestyle and Disease Prevention, School of Public Health, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA, USA.
2Center for Health Disparities and Molecular Medicine, School of Medicine, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA, USA.
3Center for Health Promotion, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA, USA.
(1) Diego A. Moreno-Fernández, Food Science and Technology Department, Campus Universitario de Espinardo – Edificio 25 E30100-Espinardo, Murcia, Spain.
(1) A. Papazafiropoulou, Tzaneio General Hospital of Piraeus, Greece.
(2) Tamer A. Gheita, Cairo University, Egypt.
(3) Chin Kok Yong, Universiti Kebangsaan, Malaysia.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/23850
DOI : 10.9734/EJNFS/2018/40155
Aflatoxin M1 Reduction in Milk by a Novel Combination of Probiotic Bacterial and Yeast Strains
Neveen M. Abdelmotilib1, Gamal M. Hamad1*, Hesham B. Elderea2, Eglal G. Salem2 and Sobhy A. El Sohaimy1
1Department of Food Technology, Arid Lands Cultvation Research Institute (ALCRI), City of Scientific Research and Technology Applications (SRTA- CITY), New Borg El-Arab City, Alexandria, Egypt.
2Food Hygiene and Control, High Institute of Public Health (HIPH), Alexandria University, Egypt.
(1) Kiri Hashimu Jaryum, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Jos, Nigeria.
(2) Monika Thakur, Amity Institute of Food Technology, Amity University, U.P., India.
(1) Silvia Denise Peña Betancourt, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana Unidad Xochimilco, México.
(2) Samson Kibet Chebon, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology, Kenya.
(3) Larine Kupski, Federal University of Rio Grande, Brasil.
(4) Bailly Jean-Denis, National Veterinary School of Toulouse, France.
(5) Tünde Pusztahelyi, University of Debrecen, Hungary.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/23932
DOI : 10.9734/EJNFS/2018/39486
Risk Assessment of Insect-resistant and Herbicide Tolerant Genetically Modified Maize Bt11 for Cultivation, Import, Processing, Food and Feed Uses under Directive 2001/18/EC and Regulation (EC) Opinion
Richard Meadow1*, Nana Yaa Ohene Asare2, Knut Tomas Dalen3, Merethe Aasmo Finne2, Olavi Junttila2, Lawrence R. Kirkendall4, Inger Elisabeth Måren4, Siamak Pour Yazdankhah2, Knut Helkås Dahl2, Kaare Magnus Nielsen5, Monica Sanden6, Rose Vikse7 and Hilde-Gunn Opsahl Sorteberg1
1Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway.
2Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Norway.
3University of Oslo, Norway.
4University of Bergen, Norway.
5Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences, Norway.
6Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Institute of Marine Research, Norway.
7Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Norwegian Institute of Public Health (FHI), Norway.
Prof. Bernhard Watzl, Head, Department of Physiology and Biochemistry of Nutrition, Max Rubner-Institute, Karlsruhe, Germany.
DOI : 10.9734/EJNFS/2018/41552