2018 - Volume 8 [Issue 1 (January-March)]
Formulation and Evaluation of Ready-To-Use Therapeutic Foods Using Locally Available Ingredients in Bauchi, Nigeria
Sosanya Mercy Eloho1*, Nweke Ogechukwu Grace1 and Ifitezue Lucy Chioma1
1The Federal Polytechnic Bauchi, Bauchi State, Nigeria.
(1) R. C. Ranveer, Department of Meat, Poultry and Fish, PG Institute of Post – Harvest Management, India.
(1) Virginia Giannou, National Technical University of Athens, Greece.
(2) Supreena Srisaikham, Burapha University Sakaeo, Campus 254, Thailand.
(3) Aneta Popova, University of Food Technologies, Bulgaria.
(4) Miguel Guzman-Rivero, Universidad Mayor de San Simón, Bolivia.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/22264
DOI : 10.9734/EJNFS/2018/37833
Risk Assessment of "Other Substances" – D-Glucurono-γ-lactone
Trine Husøy1*, Ellen Bruzell2, Berit Granum1, Ragna Bogen Hetland1, Jens Rohloff3, Trude Wicklund4 and Inger-Lise Steffensen1
1Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Norwegian Institute of Public Health (FHI), Norway.
2Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Nordic Institute for Dental Materials, Norway.
3Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway.
4Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway.
(1) Prof. Bernhard Watzl, Head, Department of Physiology and Biochemistry of Nutrition, Max Rubner-Institute, Karlsruhe, Germany.
(2) Morten Poulsen, Head of Research Group, Div. of Toxicology and Risk Assessment, National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark.
DOI : 10.9734/EJNFS/2018/38299
Determination of the Effect of Gum Arabic on Body Weight and Some Biochemical Parameters on Albino Wistar Rat
I. Y. Longdet1, A. S. Eyibo1, G. Istifanus1*, O. E. Blessing2, A. D. Bogolnaan1 and Y. Denkok1
1Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Jos, Jos, Nigeria.
2Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences, University of Jos, Jos, Nigeria.
(1) Gabriel O. Adegoke, Department of Food Technology, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
(1) Éder Ricardo Petry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
(2) Rodolpho Telarolli Junior, Universidade Estadual Paulista, UNESP, Brazil.
(3) A. Papazafiropoulou, Tzaneio General Hospital of Piraeus, Greece.
(4) Rodolfo Valtuille, Fresenius Medical Care Burzaco, Burzaco, Argentina.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/22768
DOI : 10.9734/EJNFS/2018/37914
The Effect on Bio-markers of Tissue Toxicity by a Low-dose Multivitamin and Mineral Supplement in Human Volunteers
Eugene Jansen1*, Piet Beekhof1, Misha Vrolijk2, Abdonas Tamosiunas3, Dalia Luksiene3 and Migle Baceviciene3
1Centre for Health Protection, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, P.O.Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands.
2Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Maastricht University, P.O.Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands.
3Department of Population Studies, Institute of Cardiology, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Sukilėlių av. 17, Kaunas LT-50161, Lithuania.
(1) Monika Thakur, Amity Institute of Food Technology, Amity University, U.P., India.
(1) Kallol Kumar Bhattacharyya, The Gerontology Institute, Georgia State University, USA.
(2) Nagahito Saito, Japan.
(3) Monda Vincenzo, University of Study of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli”, Naples, Italy.
(4) Qun Shen, China Agricultural University, College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/22769
DOI : 10.9734/EJNFS/2018/38930
Effect of Arabic Gum as Prebiotics and Lactobacillus casei Shirota (LcS) as Probiotic on Oxidative Stress and Renal Function in Adenine–Induced Chronic Renal Failure in Rats
Fadl Alla, Eman Aly Sadeek1*
1Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, Women's College, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
(1) Karthikeyan Venkatachalam, Department of Food Technology, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand.
(1) Kamal Shemisa, USA.
(2) Suchita Mehta, Albert Einstein Medical Center & Jacobi Medical Center, USA.
(3) Jessica Zuñiga-Hernandez, Universidad de Talca, Chile.
(4) Rodolfo Valtuille, Fresenius Burzaco, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(5) Thays Santana Delanhese, Campinas State University (Unicamp), Brazil.
(6) C. L. Madhu, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/22811
DOI : 10.9734/EJNFS/2018/36022