2017 - Volume 21 [Issue 1]
Geriatric Poly-Pharmacy: A Growing Epidemic. How to Prevent It?
1Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA.
(1) Sinan INCE, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Afyon Kocatepe, Turkey.
(1) Frank Roger Defanti e Souza, University of São Paulo, São Carlos, Brazil.
(2) Abdulraheem Is, University of Ilorin, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/18769
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/32944
Awareness and Utilization of Guidelines in the Management of Hypertension among Medical Practitioners in a Tertiary Hospital in Nigeria
C. A. Alikor1,2*, C. E. Nwafor1,2 and N. N. Unamba2
1Department of Medicine, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
2Department of Medicine, University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, Nigeria.
(1) Nurhan Cucer, Erciyes University, Medical Biology Department, Turkey.
(1) Macaulay Onuigbo Md Fasn, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA.
(2) Naro Ohashi, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan.
(3) Soumya Mishra, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/18805
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/32487
Colorectal Carcinogenesis from Gut-associated Lymphoid Tissue Clinical and Experimental Documentation
Carlos A. Rubio1*
1Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology Research Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Karolinska Institute and University Hospital, 17176, Stockholm, Sweden.
(1) Chan-Min Liu, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, Xuzhou City, China.
(1) Kambiz Afrasiabi, University of California Irvine, USA.
(2) Víctor Hugo Casco, Bioengineering School, National University of Entre Rios, Argentina.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/18806
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/31621
Assessment of Anti-inflammatory and Anti-nociceptive Properties of Aqueous Seed Extract of Carica papaya in Albino Wistar Rats
Uchefuna Roy Chinwuba1, Egwurugwu Jude Nnabuife2*, Ohamaeme Moses Chukwuemeka3, Oha Kingsley1, Anyasodor Prince1, Akunne-Wariso Chris Chinedum4, Egwurugwu Ugonne Frances5 and Azudialu Bede Chinedu6
1Department of Human Physiology, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi Campus, Anambra State, Nigeria.
2Department of Human Physiology, College of Medicine, Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
3Department of Community Medicine, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Nigeria.
4Department of Human Physiology, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, Abia State University, Uturu, Nigeria.
5Department of Internal Medicine, Imo State University Teaching Hospital, Orlu, Nigeria.
6Department of Family Medicine, Federal Medical Center, Owerri, Nigeria.
(1) E. Umit Bagriacik, Department of Immunology, Gazi University, Turkey.
(1) Khadiga Ahmed Ismail, Ain Shams University, Egypt.
(2) Vishwanadham Yerragunta, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India.
(3) Dinithi Peiris, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/18808
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/32602
Screening for Fabry Disease among Dialysis Patients in Brazil: Findings from the First 18 months of a Nationwide Study
Marcelo P. Coutinho1,2,3*, Oswaldo M. V. Neto4, Júlio C. B. Araújo2,5, Túlio M. Santos6,7, Jorge E. P. Lopez8, Luisa R. Baptista1,2 and Márcia G. Ribeiro2,3
1Campos dos Goytacazes’ Genetics Service, Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ, Brazil.
2Datagenno Interactive Research, Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ, Brazil.
3Martagão Gesteira Pediatric Institute’s Genetics Service, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil.
4Department of Internal Medicine, Nephrology Service, Ribeirão Preto Medical School, São Paulo University, Ribeirão Preto, SP, Brazil.
5Computer Institute, Fluminense Federal University, Niterói, RJ, Brazil.
6Department of General Biology, Celular and Microorganisms Genetics Laboratory, Biological Sciences Institute, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil.
7Uniclon Biotechnology, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil.
8Nephrology Service, Edmundo Vasconcelos Hospitalar Complex, São Paulo, SP, Brazil.
(1) Toru Watanabe, Department of Pediatrics, Niigata City General Hospital, Japan.
(1) Hernan Trimarchi, Hospital Brit´anico de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(2) Elvira Bormusov, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Israel.
(3) Giuseppe Cammarata, Istituto di Biomedicina ed Immunologia Molecolare (IBIM), Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR), Palermo, Italy.
(4) Daniela Concolino, University “Magna Graecia”, Catanzaro, Italy.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/18822
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/32156
Hepatitis B Virus Serological Markers in a Rural Community in Southeastern Nigeria
A. S. Bakarey1, I. M. Ifeorah2*, T. O. C. Faleye3,4, M. O. Adewumi4, A. Akere5, C. E. Omoruyi6, A. O. Ogunwale7, V. F. Olaleye3, R. F. Awokunle3, D. E. Sekoni3 and J. A. Adeniji4
1Institute for Advanced Medical Research and Training, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
2Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
3Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti, Nigeria.
4Department of Virology, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
5Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
6Institute of Child Health, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
7Department of General Studies, Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology, Igboora, Oyo State, Nigeria.
(1) Georgios Tsoulfas, Assistant Professor of Surgery, Aristoteleion University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece.
(1) Emeka Ejeliogu, University of Jos, Nigeria.
(2) R. F. Lewis, University of Ottawa, Canada.
(3) Prasad Ashok Bhate, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, India.
(4) Samander Kaushik, Centre for Biotechnology, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/18823
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/32248
Ineffective Erythropoiesis: Associated Factors and Their Potential as Therapeutic Targets in Beta-Thalassaemia Major
Heba Alsaleh1, Sarina Sulong2, Bin Alwi Zilfalil3 and Rosline Hassan1*
1Department of Haematology, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Health Campus, 16150, Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia.
2Human Genome Centre, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Health Campus, 16150, Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia.
3Department of Paediatrics, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150, Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia.
(1) Bruno Deltreggia Benites, Hematology and Hemotherapy Center, University of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil.
(2) Domenico Lapenna, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine and Aging Sciences, University “G. d’Annunzio” Chieti-Pescara, Chieti, Italy.
(1) Sadia Sultan, Liaquat National Hospital & Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan.
(2) Burak Uz, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/18833
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/31489
The Pattern and Outcome of Severe Trauma Using the Trauma and Injury Severity Score (TRISS) Methodology in a Dedicated Trauma Centre in Nigeria
S. E. B. Ibeanusi1* and S. L. Harcourt1
1Department of Surgery, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
(1) Salomone Di Saverio, Emergency Surgery Unit, Department of General and Transplant Surgery, S. Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Bologna, Italy.
(1) Terry Ellapen, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, South Africa.
(2) Takahiro Kanno, Shimane University, Japan.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/18856
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/33392