2017 - Volume 19 [Issue 5]
Correlation of Anthropometric Indices and Age with Fasting Plasma Glucose among Inhabitants of Ogun State, South-West Nigeria
Taiwo Hussean Raimi1*, Adesina Olalekan Odewabi2, Olatunde Odusan3 and Olufemi Fasanmade4
1Department of Medicine, Ekiti State University/Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria.
2Department of Chemical Pathology, Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria.
3Department of Medicine, Olabisi Onabanjo University/Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria.
4Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Lagos/Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, Lagos State, Nigeria.
(1) Ricardo Forastiero, Professor of Physiology and Internal Medicine, Haematology, Favaloro University, Argentina.
(1) Panagiota Mitrou, Attikon University Hospital, Greece.
(2) Stanley I. R. Okoduwa, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria.
(3) Vitória de Cássia Félix de Almeida, Regional University of Cariri, Brazil.
(4) Sangappa V. Kashinakunti, RGUHS, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
(5) K. S. Akinlade, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/17384
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/29730
Gaucher’s Disease: Prenatal and Post Natal Diagnostic Dilemma and Biochemical Aid - Case Series and Review of Literature
Mohammed Ismail Khan1*, Swathi Emmadisetty1, Asna Yasmeen2 and Shahzeb Zaman3
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, ESIC Medical College and Hospital, Sanathnagar, Hyderabad, India.
2Mesco College of Pharmacy, Mustaidpura, Hyderabad, India.
3Department of Paediatrics, Shadan Institute of Medical Sciences, Peerancheru, Hyderabad, India.
(1) Paulo Ricardo Gazzola Zen, Departament of Clinical Medicine, Federal University of Health Sciences of Porto Alegre (UFCSPA), Brazil.
(2) Yoshihiro Nishida, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, Yuhu-city, Japan.
(3) Philippe E. Spiess, Department of Genitourinary Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, USA and Department of Urology and Department of Oncologic Sciences (Joint Appointment), College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA.
(1) Consolato Sergi, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada and Stollery Children’s Hospital, Edmonton, Canada.
(2) Ellen Sidransky, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Convent Drive, MSC 3708, Bethesda, USA.
(3) Ramesh Y. Bhat, Manipal University, Manipal, India.
(4) Oyenike A. Adeyemo, University of Lagos, Nigeria.
(5) Khaled Ramzy Gaber, National Research Centre - NRC, Cairo, Egypt.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/17385
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/29680
Search for Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Other Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli in Diarrhoeal Cases in Abuja, Nigeria
C. C. Asamole-Osuocha1#, O. O. Nwankiti2*, C. I. Nwosuh2, A. A. Chukwuedo2 and E. I. Ikeh3
1MiralJ Consults Limited, Abuja, Nigeria.
2National Veterinary Research Institute, P.M.B. 01 Vom, Plateau State, Nigeria.
3Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria.
(1) Faris Q. B. Alenzi, Department of Medical Laboratories, College of Applied Medical Sciences, Salman Bin Abdulaziz University (Al-Kharj), Saudi Arabia.
(2) Chan-Min Liu, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, Xuzhou City, China.
(3) Chan Shen, Department of Biostatistics, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, USA.
(1) Maria Cristina Ossiprandi, University of Parma, Parma, Italy.
(2) Iman Kamal Hassan Behiry, Cairo University, Egypt.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/17392
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/30184
The Validity of Poisoning Severity Score in Acute Carbon Monoxide Intoxicated Patients
Samia S. Barghash1*, Hala Nasser El Sherif1, Rawya Mohammed Salah El-Din1 and Azza Mohammed Hassan1
1Department of Forensic Medicine and Clinical Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine for Girls, Al- Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt.
(1) Franciszek Burdan, Experimental Teratology Unit, Human Anatomy Department, Medical University of Lublin, Poland and Radiology Department, St. John’s Cancer Center, Poland.
(2) Sinan Ince, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Afyon Kocatepe, Turkey.
(3) Salomone Di Saverio, Emergency Surgery Unit, Department of General and Transplant Surgery, S. Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Bologna, Italy.
(1) Ghulam Nabi, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China.
(2) Lorna T. Enerva, Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Philippines.
(3) Miguel A. Sogorb, Bioengineering Institute, Miguel Hernández University, Spain.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/17398
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/25943
Salivary Biomarkers to Monitor Osteopenia and Stress Levels in Breast Cancer Survivors
Xun Xiao1, Michael C. W. Yip2, Wings T. Y. Loo2,3*, Liang Hao1, Louis W. C. Chow3, Erich F. Lie3, Christopher Y. C. Chow3 and Min Wang1*
1The State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Sichuan, People’s Republic of China.
2Department of Psychological Studies, The Education University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
3UNIMED Medical Institute and Organisation for Oncology and Translational Research, Hong Kong.
(1) Evangelos Marinos, University of Athens, School of Medicine, Laboratory of Biology, Athens, Greece.
(1) Bruno Lopes Cançado Machado, Pro Uro Urological Center, Brazil.
(2) Natt Makul, Phranakhon Rajabhat University, Bangkok, Thailand.
(3) Monika Zajkowska, Medical University, Bialystok, Poland.
(4) Yu Koyama, Niigata University, Graduate School of Health Sciences, Japan.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/17399
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/30663
Prevalence and Pattern of Non-communicable Diseases in Children in Jos, Nigeria
Esther S. Yiltok1*, Helen O. Akhiwu1, Idris A. Adedeji2, Akinyemi O. D. Ofakunrin1, Emeka U. Ejeliogu1 and Edache S. Okpe1
1Department of Paediatrics, Jos University Teaching Hospital, Jos, Nigeria.
2Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi, Nigeria.
(1) Angelo Giardino, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA and Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA.
(1) Rajendra Bhimma, Nelson R. Mandela School of Medicine, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa.
(2) S. Mushtaq Mohamed, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka.
(3) Christopher Ekpenyong, University of Uyo, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/17403
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/30410
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome in HIV Positive Individual
Nidhi Jain1, Anil Kumar Nagarajappa1*, Rohit Mishra2 and Meenakshi Bhasin1
1Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Hitkarini Dental College and Hospital, Jabalpur (M.P.), India.
2Department of Periodontology and Implantology, Hitkarini Dental College and Hospital, Jabalpur (M.P.), India.
(1) Emad Tawfik Mahmoud Daif, Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Cairo University, Egypt.
(2) Salomone Di Saverio, Emergency Surgery Unit, Department of General and Transplant Surgery, S. Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Bologna, Italy.
(1) Kishor Gyanoba Rathod, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nanded, Maharashtra, India.
(2) Geetha Devi, Rangaraya Medical College, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, AP, India.
(3) Kshitij Shah, LTM Medical College & General Hospital, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), India.
(4) Pornchai Sathirapanya, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla, Thailand.
(5) Monika Morawska-Kochman, Wroclaw Medical University, Poland.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/17404
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/30148
The Performance of the Finnish Diabetes Risk Score (FINDRISC) Questionaire for Screening Individuals with Undiagnosed Type 2 Diabetes and Dysglycaemia in Nigeria
Olamoyegun A. Michael1*, Oluyombo Rotimi2 and Iwuala O. Sandra3
1Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, College of Health Sciences, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State, Nigeria.
2Department of Internal Medicine, Federal Medical Centre, Ido-Ekiti, Nigeria.
3Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Unit, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi- Araba, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria.
(1) Kate S. Collison, Department of Cell Biology, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre, Saudi Arabia.
(1) Italo Giuffre, Catholic University of Rome, Roma, Italy.
(2) Naro Ohashi, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan.
(3) Elvira Bormusov, Technion Institute of Technology, Bat Galim, Israel.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/17413
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/31022
A Rare Case Report of Parotid Cavernous Hemangioma in an Adult
Suwal Rubina1*, Guan Jian1, Wang Xin Yu1, Khatri Kalu Singh1 and Nyimi Bushabu Fidele1
1Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Unit I), Second Affiliated Hospital of Jiamusi University, Heilongjiang, China.
(1) Angelo Giardino, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas and Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA.
(1) Sandra Aparecida Marinho, UEPB Federal University of Jequitinhonha and Mucuri Valleys (UFVJM), Brazil.
(2) Ahmed Hassan El-Sabbagh, Mansoura University, Egypt.
(3) Ramesh Parajuli, Tribhuvan University, Nepal.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/17467
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/30899
Evaluation of Evidence Based Medicine Knowledge and Skills among a Sample of Medical Students in King Abdul Aziz University: A Follow up Study
Hussam Albugami1,2, Qusay Mandoorah3, Ayman Zaky Elsamanoudy4,5* and Mohammed Ahmed Hassanien4,6
1Division of Health Policy and Health Economics, McMaster University, Canada.
2Department of Family and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia.
3APHP Urology Resident, University of Pierre-et-Marie-Curie, Paris-VI, France.
4Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia.
5Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Egypt.
6Department of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Tanta University, Egypt.
(1) Fuhong SU, ICU Laboratory, Erasme Hospital, Free University Brussels, Brussels, Belgium.
(2) Rui Yu, Environmental Sciences & Engineering, Gillings School of Global Public Health, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA.
(3) Costas Fourtounas, Faculty of Medicine, School of Health Sciences, University of Thessaly, Greece.
(1) Simeon Achunam Nwabueze, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nigeria.
(2) Gunnar Glauco De Cunto Taets, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
(3) Carla Maria Ferreira Guerreiro da Silva Mendes, Portuguese Red Cross Health School, Portugal.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/17492
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2017/30248