2016 - Volume 18 [Issue 10]
It is Time for More Research into Umbilical Cord Stem Cells as a Potential Treatment in Neurological Diseases
Léder Leal Xavier1*, Carolina Gomes da Silveira Cauduro1, Bianca Zanette de Albuquerque1, Pedro Marchiori Cacilhas1, Fabrizio Loth2, Ana Paula Franco Lambert1, Pamela Brambilla Bagatini2, Karolyn Sassi Ogliari2,3 and Régis Gemerasca Mestriner1
1Laboratório de Biologia Celular e Tecidual, Departamento de Ciências Morfofisiológicas, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil.
2Hemocord - Banco de Células-Tronco, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil.
3Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Cambridge, USA.
(1) Thomas I. Nathaniel, University of South Carolina, School of Medicine-Greenville, Greenville, SC 29605, USA.
(1) Sanjay Kumar, Christian Medical College Bagayam, India.
(2) Hui Chen, Guangdong Provincial Work Injury Rehabilitation Centre, China.
(3) Eddy Krueger, State University of Londrina, Brazil.
(4) Gohar Tsakanova, Institute of Molecular Biology, Armenia.
(5) Katharina Koeck, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16892
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29685
Comparison of Imaging Quality between 2D Synthesised Mammograms Reconstructed from Digital Breast Tomosynthesis and 2D Full-field Digital Mammograms
Johannes Peters1*, Gudrun Peters2, Debra Ardath Meerkotter2, Katie Daniels3 and Jonathan Shulman2
1Medical School, University of Tasmania, Australia.
2Regional Imaging, Tasmania, I-MED Network, Australia.
3Royal Hobart Hospital, Australia.
(1) Arun Kumar Nalla, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Peoria, IL, USA.
(2) Alex Xiucheng Fan, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, USA.
(1) Roland Sennerstam, Karolinska Hospital and Karolinska Institutet, Sweden.
(2) Anonymous, Pennsylvania State University, USA.
(3) Michal Strzelecki, Lodz University of Technology, Poland.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16893
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29709
Protective Role of Walnut Seeds Extract and Vitamin E against Testicular Toxicity Induced by Cyclophosphamide in Male Rats
Aml F. Elgazar1*
1Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Faculty of Home Economics, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt.
(1) Shashank Kumar, Assistant Professor, Center for Biochemistry and Microbial Sciences Central University of Punjab, India.
(1) Pongsak Rattanachaikunsopon, Ubon Ratchathani University, Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand.
(2) Veeravan Lekskulchai, Srinakharinwirot University, Bangkok, Thailand.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16894
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29765
Obesity in Adolescents: Assessment by DXA Scan and Skinfold Thickness Equations
Wagner L. Ripka1*, Lucas M. Beraldo2, Leandra Ulbricht2, Timothy Bungun3 and Pedro M. Gewehr1
1Graduate Program in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Federal University of Technology-Paraná, Brazil.
2Graduate Program in Biomedical Engineering, Federal University of Technology-Paraná, Brazil.
3Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, University of Nevada, Virginia, USA.
(1) Domenico De Berardis, Department of Mental Health, National Health Service, Psychiatric Service of Diagnosis and Treatment, “G. Mazzini” Hospital, Italy.
(1) Ayhan Goktepe, Selcuk University, Konya.
(2) Claudiu Popescu, Carol Davila University, Bucharest, Romania.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16895
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/30131
Prevalence of Hypertension Stages and the Main Risk Factors in Khartoum Locality, Sudan, 2014
Asma Abdelaal Abdalla1*, Siham Ahmed Balla1, Mohamed Salah Ahmed Mohamed2, Hind Mamoun Behairy3, Naiema Abdalla Waqialla Fahal4, Dina Ahmed Hassan Ibrahim5, Maha Ismail Mohamed6 and Ibtisam Ahmed Ali3
1Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum, Sudan.
2Faculty of Medicine, Alneelain University, Sudan.
3Faculty of Medicine, International University of Africa, Sudan.
4Khartoum State Ministry of Health, Sudan.
5Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Sudan.
6Faculty of Medicine, Almughtaribeen University, Sudan.
(1) Rui Yu, Environmental Sciences & Engineering, Gillings School of Global Public Health, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA.
(1) Pietro Scicchitano, Hospital of Ostuni, Italy.
(2) Paul Schoenhagen, Cleveland Clinicz, Cleveland Clinic, USA.
(3) Sharaye Kolade Oladele, ABU Teaching Hospital, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16919
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28539
The Effect of Geothermal Water on Skin Condition and Body Fat
1Seamen Health Care Center, Klaipėda University, Klaipėda, Lithuania.
(1) Ricardo Forastiero, Professor of Physiology and Internal Medicine, Haematology, Favaloro University, Argentina.
(1) Mridul Malakar, Himalayan University, Arunachal Pradesh, India.
(2) Nobuo Yamaguchi, Kanazawa Medical University, Japan.
(3) Takaaki Kubo, Kumamoto Health Science University, Kumamoto, Japan.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16932
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29892
Risk Factors of Musculoskeletal Disorders in Dental Students – A Qualitative Study
Cristina Dupim Presoto1, Danielle Wajngarten1 and Patrícia Petromilli Nordi Sasso Garcia2*
1Department of Restorative Dentistry, Araraquara Dental School, UNESP, Univ Estadual Paulista, Rua Humaitá 1680, Centro. Zip Code: 14.801-903, Araraquara, SP, Brazil.
2Department of Social Dentistry, Araraquara Dental School, UNESP, Univ Estadual Paulista, Rua Humaitá 1680, Centro. Zip Code: 14.801-903, Araraquara, SP, Brazil.
(1) James Anthony Giglio, Adjunct Clinical Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Virginia, USA.
(1) Timothy Hui, Loma Linda University,USA.
(2) Terry Ellapen, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
(3) Ayhan Goktepe, Selcuk University, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16933
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/30232
The WHO FRAX Calculator with and without BMD as an Indicator of Low BMD in Pakistani Women
Madeeha Sadiq1*, Nuzhat Hassan1, Sajid Sattar2, Rubina Hussain3 and Maaz Naqvi2
1Department of Anatomy, Ziauddin University, Karachi, Pakistan.
2Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ziauddin University, Karachi, Pakistan.
3Department of Gynecology, Ziauddin University, Karachi, Pakistan.
(1) Yoshihiro Nishida, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, Yuhu-city, Japan.
(2) Ashish Anand, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, GV Montgomery Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA.
(1) Doha Rasheedy, Ain Shams University, Egypt.
(2) Hoan Linh Banh, University of Alberta, Canada.
(3) Han C. G. Kemper, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16959
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/30003
Gaps and Opportunities in Various Aspects and Treatment/Management of Distal Radius Fractures
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152, USA.
(1) Ashish Anand, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, GV Montgomery Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA.
(1) Hui Shen, Ohio Northern University, USA.
(2) Murat Demiroglu, Istanbul Medeniyet University, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16960
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/30133
A Case of Chronic Aortic Dissection with Medial Calcification
Soki Kurumisawa1, Shin-Ichi Ohki1 and Yoshio Misawa1*
1Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Jichi Medical University, 3311-1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, 329-0498, Japan.
(1) Alexander D. Verin, Vascular Biology Center, Georgia Regents University Augusta, Georgia.
(2) Salomone Di Saverio, Emergency Surgery Unit, Department of General and Transplant Surgery, S. Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Bologna, Italy.
(1) Raffaele Serra, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Italy.
(2) Osman Perez, Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, USA.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16961
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29636