2016 - Volume 18 [Issue 9]
Serum Fibroblast Growth Factor 21 as a Novel Biomarker in Prediction of Coronary Artery Disease Severity
Mervat M. Khalaf1*, Salwa Fayez2 and Taha Azouz2
1Department of Critical Care Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt.
2Department of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt.
(1) Bruno Deltreggia Benites, Hematology and Hemotherapy Center, University of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil.
(1) Mariya Klunnyk, Cell Therapy Center, Ukraine.
(2) Takashi Ikeno, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Japan.
(3) Consolato Sergi, University of Alberta, Canada.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16818
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29581
Hyperhomocysteinemia in Chronic Kidney Disease Patients in a Teaching Hospital in Nigeria
Afeaje B. Olokor1*, Ikechukwu L. Ojogwu1 and Peter F. Ugbodaga2
1Nephrology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria.
2Nephrology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Specialist Hospital, Benin City, Nigeria.
(1) Tibor Fulop, Division of Nephrology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, USA.
(1) Alan Parrish, University of Missouri School of Medicine, USA.
(2) Waqar Abdalqahar Al-Kubaisy, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia.
(3) Kalima Nzanzu Adelard, University of Graben and Ruwenzori Official University, Congo.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16845
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28282
The Relation between the Clinical Presentation of Acute Carbon Monoxide Toxicity and Carboxy-hemoglobin Level
Samia S. Barghash1*, Hala N. El Sherif1, Rawya M. Salah El-Din1, Azza M. Hassan1 and Azza El Tilt2,3
1Department of Forensic Medicine and Clinical Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine for Girls, Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt.
2Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Zagazig University, Egypt.
3Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Collage of Pharmacy, Qassim University, Saudi Arabia.
(1) Chan-Min Liu, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, Xuzhou City, China.
(2) Chan Shen, Department of Biostatistics, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, USA.
(1) Stefanos Sampatakakis, Hellenic Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (HCDCP), Greece.
(2) Francis W. Hombhanje, Divine Word University, Papua New Guinea.
(3) Xiaodong Zheng, Harbin Medical University, China.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16846
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/26047
Evaluation of a New Stapler with Unique Surface Gripping Technology
Masahiro Kimura1*, Hironori Tanaka1, Motoki Hato1, Satoshi Taniwaki1, Yasuyuki Shibata1, Kotaro Mizuno1, Nobuo Ochi1, Yoichiro Mori1, Takaya Nagasaki1, Shuhei Ueno1 and Yuki Eguchi1
1Department of Surgery, Nagoya City East Medical Center, 2-23 Wakamizu 1, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8547, Japan.
(1) Syed Faisal Zaidi, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University-HS, National Guard Health Affairs, King Abdulaziz Medical City, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
(1) Gulzar Ahmad Bhat, King Khalid University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
(2) Bhupesh H. Tirpude, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16866
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/30153
Effects of Racemic Nebivolol and Its Stereoisomers on Rat Aortic Segments in Two Age Groups
Ulya Keskin1, Oguzhan Ekin Efe1* and Meral Tuncer1
1Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, Turkey.
(1) Shatrah Binti Othman, Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
(2) Chan-Min Liu, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, Xuzhou City, China.
(1) Michael Chen, California State University, USA.
(2) Pius M. Udia, University of Calabar, Nigeria.
(3) Bopda Mtopi Orelien Sylvain, University of Buea, Cameroon.
(4) Aino Siltari, University of Helsinki, Finland.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16867
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28626
FGF21 Prospects for Applications in Clinical Practice
Athanasios Niarchos1,2*, Dionysios V. Chartoumpekis1, Anastasia Siora2, Evangelia Konstantinou2, George Lagoumintzis2 and Ioannis Habeos1
1Department of Medicine, University of Patras, GR 26504 Patras, Greece.
2Department of Pharmacy, University of Patras, GR 26504 Patras, Greece.
(1) Mohammed Rachidi, Molecular Genetics of Human Diseases, French Polynesia, University Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Paris, France.
(1) Sheng Cao, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America.
(2) Jingmin Zhao, Beijing 302 Hospital, China.
(3) Lingxiang Liu, Nanjing Medical University, China.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16868
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29379
A Review to Differentiate Acute Kidney Injury from Chronic Kidney Disease
Sehmus Ozmen1,2*, Davut Akin3 and Cihan Akgul Ozmen4
1Artuklu University, High School of Health, Turkey.
2Department of Nephrology, Diyarbakir Gazi Yasargil Training Hospital, Turkey.
3Department of Nephrology, Denizli State Hospital, Turkey.
4Department of Radiology, Dicle University, Turkey.
(1) Toru Watanabe, Department of Pediatrics, Niigata City General Hospital, Japan.
(1) Rubina Naqvi, Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT), Karachi, Pakistan.
(2) Pran M. Kar, University of Central Florida, USA.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16869
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29879
McIndoe Operation without Skin Graft: A New Neovaginal Prosthesis of Polylactic Acid (PLA)
Pedro Acién1,2*, Maribel Acién1,2,3, Miguel-Angel Oliva-Meyer4, Miguel Sánchez-Lozano4 and Javier Martínez-Garcia4
1Department of Public Health, Sc.H. and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Miguel Hernandez University, Campus of San Juan, 03550 Alicante, Spain.
2Instituto de Ginecología P.A.A. 03002 Alicante, Spain.
3Service of Obstetrics and Gynecology, San Juan University Hospital, Campus of San Juan, 03550 Alicante, Spain.
4Department of Mechanical Engineering and Energy, Miguel Hernandez University, Campus of Elche, 03202 Alicante, Spain.
(1) Yinhua Yu, Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Female Reproductive Endocrine Related Diseases, China.
(1) Prasad Usha, Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam, India.
(2) Raheela Mohsin, The Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, Karachi, Pakistan.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16870
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29512
Medial Patellar Dislocation with Traumatic Avulsion of Quadriceps Tendon in a Young Athlete: A Case Report
Alshareef Hatim Mohammed1*, Alhasan Ahmed Hassan2*, Almalki Ashwaq Mohammed3, Salem Abdullah Talal4, Marghlani Rakan Hassan2 and Khatib Hazim Abdulkarim5
1Department of Orthopedic, King Fahad Armed Forces Hospital, Jeddah, KSA.
2College of Medicine, University of Jeddah, Jeddah, KSA.
3College of Medicine, Taif University, Taif, KSA.
4College of Medicine, Batterjee Medical College, Jeddah, KSA.
5College of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, KSA.
(1) Panagiotis Korovessis, Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon, Orthopaedic Department, General Hospital “Agios Andreas” Patras, Greece.
(1) Ashish Anand, Center for Joint Replacement Fortis Hospitals, Bangalore, India.
(2) Chater Lamiae, University of Sidib Mohamed Ben Abdallah, Fez, Morocco.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16871
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29477
Management of Sodium Hypochlorite Accident: A Case Report
Kulwant Rai1, Munish Goel1, Prabhat Mandhotra1, Gurmeet Sachdeva1, Shweta Verma1 and Lisha Thakur1*
1Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Himachal Dental College, Sundernagar, Himachal Pradesh, India.
(1) Domenico Lapenna, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine and Aging Sciences, University “G. d’Annunzio” Chieti-Pescara, Chieti, Italy.
(2) Masahiro Hasegawa, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2-174 Edobashi, Tsu City, Mie, 514-8507, Japan.
(1) Patrícia Diogo Nunes, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
(2) Shalya Raj, Subharti Dental College, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut, India.
(3) Senem Yigit Ozer, Adnan Menderes University, Turkey.
(4) Louis Z. G. Touyz, Dentistry, McGill University, Canada.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16872
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29062