2016 - Volume 18 [Issue 6]
Positive Correlation of Thyroid Gland Volume with Isthmus Dimensions and with Anthropometric Parameters through a Cross Sectional Study on Karachi Population
Mahrukh Kamran1*, Iffat Raza2, Sahrish Mukhtair3, Sanabor Bughio4 and Hira Waseem5
1Department of Anatomy, Dow University of Health and Sciences, Pakistan.
2Department of Anatomy, Hamdard University, Pakistan.
3Department of Anatomy, Jinnah Medical and Dental College, Pakistan.
4Department of Radiology, Ziauddin Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan.
5Department of Statistics, Liaquat National Medical College, Pakistan.
(1) E. Umit Bagriacik, Department of Immunology, Gazi University, Turkey.
(1) Jose Francisco de Sales Chagas, Medical School Catholic University Campinas, Brazil.
(2) Ertan Sahin, Namık Kemal University, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomains.org/review-history/16636
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29710
Influence of Culturally-based Abdominal Massage and Antenatal Care Uptake among Pregnant Women in a Tertiary Hospital in Southern Nigeria
Ekine Atombosoba Adokiye1*, Adhuze Judit Isioma1 and West Obaabo Levi2
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital, Okolobiri, Bayelsa State, Nigeria.
2Department of Radiology, University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
(1) Edward J. Pavlik, University Kentucky Medical Center, Division of Gynecological Oncology, USA.
(2) Yoshihiro Nishida, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, Yuhu-city, Japan.
(3) Salomone Di Saverio, Emergency Surgery Unit, Department of General and Transplant Surgery, S. Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Bologna, Italy.
(1) Sevgul Donmez, Gaziantep University Faculty of Health Sciences, Turkey.
(2) Shikha Rani, Government Medical College & Hospital , Chandigarh, India.
(3) Sahar M. Nour El Din, Ain Shams University, Egypt.
(4) Charbell Miguel Haddad Kury, Medical School of the municipality of Campos dos Goytcazes, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16652
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/27109
The Role of Bacterial Translocation in Development of Acute Intestinal Obstruction
Shavkat Karimov1, Sayfiddin Baymakov1* and Asqar Asrarov1
1Tashkent Medical Academy, Farobi-2 Almazar District, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
(1) Syed Faisal Zaidi, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University-HS, National Guard Health Affairs, King Abdulaziz Medical City, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
(1) Hasan Sedeek Mahmoud ali, South Valley University, Egypt.
(2) Wagner Loyola, Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16653
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28653
Assessment of the Deleterious Effects of Therapeutic Antitussives on Enamel. Mapping the Chemical Profile of Over the Counter Cough Lozenges Using Analytical HPLC
Roshni Sharma1*, Mamta Kaushik1, Ritu Rana1, Pallavi Reddy1, Neha Mehra1, Mona Yadav1 and Vallari Jain1
1Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Army College of Dental Sciences, Secunderabad, India.
(1) Ibrahim El-Sayed M. El-Hakim, Ain Shams University, Egypt And Riyadh College of Dentistry and Pharmacy, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
(1) Alejandra Hernández Ceruelos, Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Hidalgo, Mexico.
(2) Sanda Mihaela Popescu, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Craiova, Romania.
(3) Koji Watanabe, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Japan.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16654
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29168
Long Term Clinical Course of Hemodynamic Stable Pulmonary Embolism
Babak Tamizifar1*, Arash Beiki1 and Elham Raoofi1
1Department of Internal Medicine, Alzahra Hospital, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran.
(1) Crispim Cerutti Junior, Department of Social Medicine, Federal University of Espirito Santo, Brazil.
(1) Saptarshi Biswas, Allegheny Health Network,Pennsylvania, USA.
(2) André Eduardo Gomes, UNICAMP, Campinas State University, São Paulo, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16657
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28236
Effect of Age and Gender Variation in Normal Pituitary Gland Height Using Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Abubaker E. Mohieldin1, Duha A. Mohamed1, Mustafa Z. Mahmoud2*, Maram A. Fagiri2 and Ahmed Abukonna1
1Department of Diagnostic Radiologic Technology, College of Medical Radiological Sciences, Sudan University of Science and Technology, Khartoum, Sudan.
2Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging, College of Applied Medical Sciences, Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University, Al-Kharj, Saudi Arabia.
(1) Franciszek Burdan, Experimental Teratology Unit, Human Anatomy Department, Medical University of Lublin, Poland and Radiology Department, St. John’s Cancer Center, Poland.
(2) Claudia Borza, “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Department of Pathophysiology, Romania.
(3) Francesco Angelico, Professor, Department of Public Health and Infectious Diseases, Sapienza University Medical School, Rome, Italy.
(1) Arturo Solís Herrera, Human Photosynthesis Study Center, Mexico.
(2) Teodoro Cordova-Fraga, Universidad de Guanajuato, Mexico.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16658
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29162
Using Social Groups to Locate Areas with High Emergency Department Attendance, Subsequent Inpatient Admission and Need for Critical Care
Neeraj Beeknoo1* and Rodney P. Jones2
1King’s College University Hospital, London, UK.
2Healthcare Analysis and Forecasting, Worcester, UK.
(1) Faris Q. B. Alenzi, Department of Medical Laboratories, College of Applied Medical Sciences Salman bin Abdulaziz University (Al-Kharj), Saudi Arabia.
(1) Ramona Anthonie, Stellenbosch University, South Africa.
(2) Gift Mulima, Kamuzu Central Hospital, Lilongwe, Malawi.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16693
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/29208
Tricuspid Atresia: A Rare Cause of Cyanosis among Nigerian Children
Barakat Adeola Animasahun1,2*, Akpoembele Deborah Madise-Wobo2, Henry Olusegun Gbelee1 and Fidelia Bode-Thomas3
1Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Lagos State University College of Medicine Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
2Department of Paediatrics, Lagos State University Teaching Hospital Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
3Deaprtment of Paediatrics, Jos University Teaching Hospital Jos. Plateau State, Nigeria.
(1) Vijayalakshmi I. Balekundri, Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Bengaluru, India.
(1) Arun Subramanian, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.
(2) Moacir Marocolo Júnior, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Juiz de Fora, Brazil.
(3) Mohan Mallikarjuna Rao Edupuganti, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA.
(4) Pandurangan Ramaraj, A. T.Still University of Health Sciences, USA.
(5) Ignacio Lugones, Favaloro Foundation University Hospital, Argentina.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16694
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28998
Effect of Lycopene and Genistein on Hepatic Inflammation and Fibrosis in Thioacetamide Induced Liver Injury in Rats
Bilal Akdemir1, Ibrahim Halil Bahcecioglu1*, Mehmet Tuzcu2, Cemal Orhan3, Murat Ispiroglu1, Ibrahim H. Ozercan4, Necip Ilhan5, Nese Cabuk Celik1 and Kazim Sahin3
1Department of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey.
2Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey.
3Department of Animal Nutrition, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey.
4Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey.
5Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey.
(1) Chan-Min Liu, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, Xuzhou City, China.
(2) Salomone Di Saverio, Emergency Surgery Unit, Department of General and Transplant Surgery, S. Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Bologna, Italy.
(1) Mohamed Naguib Abdalla, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt.
(2) Mesut Sipahi, Bozok University, Yozgat, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16697
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/27654
Short Research Article
The Incidence of Hypersplenism in Decompensated Liver Cirrhosis of Alcoholic Etiology
Goran Bokan1* and Zoran Mavija1,2
1Faculty of Medicine, University of Banja Luka, Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
2Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Clinical Center of Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
(1) Kate S. Collison, Department of Cell Biology, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre, Saudi Arabia.
(2) Sinan Ince, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Afyon Kocatepe, Turkey.
(1) Elvira Bormusov, The Lloyd Rigler Sleep Apnea Research Laboratory, Unit of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Technion Inst. of Technology, Israel.
(2) Omoboyowa, Damilola Alex, Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Nigeria.
(3) Ihsan Yıldız, Suleyman Demirel University, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16698
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/27460