2016 - Volume 18 [Issue 2]
Dental Problems Associated with Hepatitis C Infection: A Report from Iran
Nima Mahboobi1, Leila Jafargholizadeh2 and Seyed Moayed Alavian3*
1Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
2Students' Scientific Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
3Baqiyatallah Research Center for Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Baqiyatallah University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
(1) Ibrahim El-Sayed M. El-Hakim, Ain Shams University, Egypt and Riyadh College of Dentistry and Pharmacy, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
(1) Darko Nozic, Military Medical Academy, Belgrade, Serbia.
(2) Waqar Abd Alqahar Al-Kubaisy, Universiti Teknologi Mara (Uitm), Malaysia.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16379
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/24324
Sapium ellipticum (Hochst.) Pax Leaf Extract: In-vitro Antioxidant Activities and Lethal Dose (LD50) Determination in Wistar Rats
O. M. Ighodaro1,2* and O. A. Akinloye1
1Department of Biochemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Abeokuta, Nigeria.
2Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Information Technology and Applied Sciences, Lead City University, Ibadan, Nigeria.
(1) Chan-Min Liu, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, Xuzhou City, China.
(1) Yousif Y. Bilto, The University of Jordan, Jordan.
(2) Lianet Monzote Fidalgo, Institute of Tropical Medicine Pedro Kouri, Havana, Cuba.
(3) Fathilah Abdul Razak, University of Malaya, Malaysia.
(4) Adriana Passos Oliveira, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
(5) T. Prakash, Acharya & BM Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16380
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/8253
Investigation of Urine Samples for Isolation, Identification and Antibiotic Susceptibility Analysis of Bacterial Pathogens from Suspected Urinary Tract Infected Patients of Bangladesh
Tanzina Akter1,2*, Kaniz Fatema1, Md. Razibul Alam1, Md. Anowar Khasru Parvez2, Shamsun Nahar2, Muhammad Ekhlas Uddin1, Safirun Pervin1 and Tasmia Farzana1
1Department of Microbiology, Primeasia University, HBR Tower, 9 Banani C/A, Dhaka- 1213, Bangladesh.
2Department of Microbiology, Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka-1342, Bangladesh.
(1) Faris Q. B. Alenzi, Department of Medical Laboratories, College of Applied Medical Sciences Salman bin Abdulaziz University (Al-Kharj), Saudi Arabia.
(2) Francesco Angelico, Professor, Department of Public Health and Infectious Diseases, Sapienza University Medical School, Rome, Italy.
(1) R. Jasmine, Bishop Heber College, Trichy, India.
(2) Akobi Oliver Adeyemi, Federal Medical Centre, Bida. Niger State, Nigeria.
(3) Charu Gupta, Amity University Uttar Pradesh (AUUP), Noida, India.
(4) Charbell Miguel Haddad Kury, Medical School of the Municipality of Campos dos Goytcazes, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16392
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28576
Evaluation of Brain Lesions Using Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Mohammed Salih1, Mohammed Yousef2, Ahmed Abukonna2*, Abdurrahman Elnour1 and Asmaa Elamin2
1Faculty of Radiologic Science and Nuclear Medicine, Ribat National University, Khartoum, Sudan.
2Sudan University of Science and Technology, College of Medical Radiologic Science, Khartoum, Sudan.
(1) Franciszek Burdan, Experimental Teratology Unit, Human Anatomy Department, Medical University of Lublin, Poland and Radiology Department, St. John’s Cancer Center, Poland.
(1) Anonymous, The Official College of Psychologists, Madrid, Spain.
(2) Yudong Zhang, Nanjing Normal University, China.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16393
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28984
Therapeutic Effect of Hydatid Cyst Liquid on Melanoma Tumor Growth in Mouse Model
Hossein Yousofi Darani1, Seyedeh Maryam Sharafi2*, Fariborz Mokarian3, Morteza Yousefi4, Sayedeh Ala Sharafi5 and Rasool Jafari1
1Department of Parasitology and Mycology, School of Medicine, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran.
2Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine Research Center and Student Research Committee, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran.
3Cancer Prevention Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran.
4Department of Surgery, Sanandaj University of Medical Sciences, Sanandaj, Iran.
5Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Isfahan (Khorasgan) Branch, Islamic Azad University, Isfahan, Iran.
(1) Arun Kumar Nalla, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Peoria, IL, USA.
(1) Sunder Goyal, Kalpana Chawla Govt Medical College, Karnal, India.
(2) Layla Omran Elmajdoub, Misurata University, Libya.
(3) Jose Francisco de Sales Chagas, Catholic University of Campinas, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16423
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/27220
Mentoring Prevalence and Need among Pre-clinical and Clinical Medical and Dental Students in a Nigerian University
Oluwaseun Taiwo Esan1*, Oluwadare Esan2, David Eyimife Toluhi3, Adeyinka Caroline Adepoju3, Damilola Ruth Oyelakin3, Omesi Blessing Odia4, Ife Stephen Adesina3 and Surajudeen Lekan Quadri3
1Department of Community Health, Faculty of Clinical Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
2Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Faculty of Clinical Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
3Department of Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Clinical Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
4Department of Community Health, Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Complex, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
(1) Dr. Joao Paulo Steffens, Department of Stomatology, Universidade Federal do Parana, Brazil.
(2)Prof. Emad Tawfik Mahmoud Daif, Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Cairo University, Egypt.
(3) Dr. Philippe E. Spiess, Department of Genitourinary Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, USA and Department of Urology and Department of Oncologic Sciences (Joint Appointment), College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA.
(1) Daniel Kinyuru Ojuka, University of Nairobi, Kenya.
(2) K. N. Marambe, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16451
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28597
Atosiban– Its Impact on Uterine Activity in Preterm Labour
Sadaf Shaikh1, Rahul Mayekar1, Archana Bhosale1, Yogeshwar Nandanwar1 and Bhupesh Dewan2*
1Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and General Hospital, Mumbai-400022, India.
2Department of Medical, Zuventus Healthcare Ltd., Mumbai-400072, India.
(1) Andrea Tinelli, Lab. of Experimental Endoscopic Surgery, Imaging, Minimally Invasive Therapy & Technology, Department of Gynecology and Obstetric, Vito Fazzi Hospital, Lecce, Italy.
(2) Salomone Di Saverio, Emergency Surgery Unit, Department of General and Transplant Surgery, S. Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Bologna, Italy.
(1) Anonymous, University of Nevada, USA.
(2) Alaa Mosbah, Mansoura University, Egypt.
(3) Ogoo Nwankwo, University of Nigeria, Teaching Hospital, Ituku, Nigeria.
(4) David Haas, Indiana University School of Medicine, USA.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16452
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28846
Performance of Nutritionally Optimized Millet Porridges in the Rehabilitation of Severely Malnourished Children at Mulago National Referral Hospital, Uganda
Barugahara Evyline Isingoma1,2*, Mbugua K. Samuel1, Karuri G. Edward1 and Gakenia W. Maina3
1Department of Food Science, Nutrition and Technology, University of Nairobi, Kenya.
2Department of Human Nutrition and Home Economics, Kyambogo University, Uganda.
3Regional Centre for Quality Health Care, Makerere University, Uganda.
(1) Nurhan Cucer, Erciyes University, Medical Biology Department, Turkey.
(1) Nuhu Sambo, Bingham University, Nigeria.
(2) Erez Nadir, Hillel Yafef Medical Cente, Hadera, Israel.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16480
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28355
Family Planning Practice in a Nigerian Tertiary Hospital: A Five Year Review
J. O. Alegbeleye1* and C. O. John1
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, Rivers State, Nigeria.
(1) Edward J. Pavlik, University Kentucky Medical Center, Division of Gynecological Oncology, USA.
(1) Beenu Kushwah, Medical University, Jabalpur, India.
(2) Naomi Modeste, Loma Linda University, California, USA.
(3) Kahraman Ülker, İstanabul Memorial Hospital, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16481
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28941
Craniofacial Reconstruction of the Skull in Anterior Plagiocephaly: A Case Report
Peter Spazzapan1, Roman Bosnjak1 and Tomaz Velnar1*
1Department of Neurosurgery, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Zaloska 7, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
(1) Thomas I. Nathaniel, University of South Carolina, School of Medicine-Greenville, Greenville, SC 29605, USA.
(1) Alejandro Rojas-Marroquín, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico.
(2) Dragoslava Djeric, University of Belgrade, Serbia.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16482
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/28075
SCIENCEDOMAIN international (SDI) publishes high-quality, OPEN peer-reviewed, OPEN access international journals in various sectors of science, technology and
Guest House Road, Street no - 1/6,
Hooghly, West Bengal,