2016 - Volume 15 [Issue 4]
Exogenous Testosterone and Vitamin E Ameliorates Diabetes-induced Necrosis of the Pancreas, Lipid and Testicular Disorders in Male Wistar Rats
Elsie Olufunke Adewoye1* and Adebayo Oluwole Opabunmi1
1Applied and Environmental Physiology Unit, Department of Physiology, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
(1) Sinan INCE, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Afyon Kocatepe, Turkey.
(2) Shashank Kumar, Assistant Professor, Center for Biochemistry and Microbial Sciences Central University of Punjab, India.
(1) Anonymous, National Nutrition Institute, Cairo, Egypt.
(2) Antonina Yashchenko, Lviv National Medical University, Ukraine.
(3) Sahar Mohamed Kamal Shams El Dine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/14281
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/25329
Fertility Desire and Reproductive Health Education Needs of Women Living with HIV Receiving Care at Regional Hospital Limbe HIV Treatment Centre
Leku R. Tekoh1,2*, Abe H. Tesoh2, Nembo S. Tanjoh3 , N. F. Fonkeng4, Mbah J. Njei2, Roland N. Ndip1 and Jane Francis T. K. Akoachere1
1Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, University of Buea, Cameroon.
2Regional Hospital Limbe HIV Treatment Center, S.W. Region, Cameroon.
3District Hospital Tiko, S.W. Region, Cameroon.
4Global Health System Solutions, S.W. Region, Cameroon.
(1) Roberto Manfredi, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy.
(1) Johnstone Kumwenda, University of Malawi, Malawi.
(2) Simeon Achunam Nwabueze, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/14307
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/25879
Risks of Intravenous Fluid Therapy by First Year Residents – A Prospective Study
Nicola Scott1, Jonathan Squibbs1, Andrew Lake1 and Arpan Guha1*
1Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust, Prescott Street, Liverpool, UK.
(1) Mohammed Rachidi, Molecular Genetics of Human Diseases, French Polynesia,
University Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Paris, France.
(2) Syed Faisal Zaidi, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University-HS, National Guard Health Affairs, King Abdulaziz Medical City, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
(1) K. K. Mubarak, Kerala University of Health Sciences, India.
(2) Jan Jakobsson, Danderyd Hospital, Sweden.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/14308
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/25456
Microbiota Evaluation and Extracellular Cytokine Profile in Patients Affected with Intraabdominal Infection
João Fernando Gonçalves Ferreira1, João Baptista Rezende-Neto2,3, Rogério Augusto Pinto-Silva2,4, Jaqueline Gontijo de Souza1, Luiz de Macêdo Farias1, Maria Auxiliadora Roque de Carvalho1, Helton Santiago1, José Carlos Serufo2 and Simone Gonçalves dos Santos1*
1Instituto de Ciências Biológicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brasil.
2Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais; Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brasil.
3Hospital Risoleta Tolentino Neves, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brasil.
4Centro Especializado em Ultra-sonografia, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brasil.
(1) Alexandre Zanchenko Fonseca, Department of General Surgery, Univertisty of Santo Amaro, Brazil.
(2) Masahiro Hasegawa, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2-174 Edobashi, Tsu City, Mie, 514-8507, Japan.
(1) Anonymous, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Science, Lucknow, India.
(2) Bruna Maria Roesler, University of Campinas, Brazil.
(3) S. Thenmozhi, Periyar University, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/14309
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/25281
A New Fixed Dose Combination of Ceftriaxone + Sulbactam + Disodium Edetate for Definitive Treatment of Infections Due to Piperacillin/ Tazobactam Resistant Bacteria: A Retrospective Efficacy and Pharmacoeconomic Study
Prashant Bhatia1* and Mohd Amin Mir2
1Department of Respiratory Medicine, Asian Institute of Medical Sciences, Faridabad, Haryana, India.
2Firoz Hospital and Research Centre, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India.
(1) S. U. Fuhong, ICU Laboratory, Erasme Hospital, Free University Brussels, Brussels, Belgium.
(1) Gerardo Corzo, Instituto de Biotecnología, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico.
(2) Alejandro Cordova Izquierdo, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana Unidad Xochimilco, Mexico.
(3) S. Thenmozhi, Periyar University, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/14310
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/25102
Pattern of Head Injury in the Emergency Department of the Delta State University Teaching Hospital, Oghara, Nigeria
A. A. Bock-Oruma1*, D. O. Odatuwa-Omagbemi2 and J. E. Ikubor3
1Department of Accident and Emergency, Delta State University Teaching Hospital, Oghara, Delta State, Nigeria.
2Department of Surgery, Delta State University, P.M.B.1, Abraka, Nigeria.
3Department of Radiology, Delta State University, P.M.B.1, Abraka, Nigeria.
(1) Patorn Piromchai, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, KhonKaen University, Thailand.
(1) Raouf M. Afifi, International Management-Health Services Institute, Indianapolis, IN, USA.
(2) Nikolaos Tzerakis, University Hospital of North Midlands, Greece.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/14311
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/25409
High Flow Nasal Cannula in the Treatment of Respiratory Distress Syndrome in One Day-old Neonate
Ramin Iranpour1*, Alireza Sadeghnia1 and Shima Salehi Abari2
1Department of Pediatric, Child Growth and Development Research Center, School of Medicine, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran.
2Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran.
(1) Toru Watanabe, Department of Pediatrics, Niigata City General Hospital, Japan.
(1) Michael McQueen, Del E. Webb Medical Centers, USA.
(2) Piotr Surmiak, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/14312
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/25316
Analysis of Work-related Injuries among Health Care Workers in Armed Forces Hospital Southern Region, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Maryam Ahmed Awaji1* and Khalid Alahmary1
1Department of Health Systems and Quality Management, College of Public Health and Health Informatics, King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
(1) Crispim Cerutti Junior, Department of Social Medicine, Federal University of Espirito Santo, Brazil.
(1) Ibtissam Sabbah, Lebanese University, Lebanon.
(2) Zhiheng Zhou, Guangzhou University, China.
(3) Molobe Ikenna Daniel, International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM), Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/14313
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/25056
Systematic Review Article
Effectiveness and Safety of PDE5 Inhibitors for Men with Erectile Dysfunction Caused by Spinal Cord Injury
Yang Teng1, Yu Dai2, Zhongyun Ning2, Ling Yao2, Hui Ding2* and Baoyue Cao3
1The People’s Hospital of Rizhao Donggang Qu, Rizhao, China.
2Department of Urology, Key Laboratory of Diseases of Urological System Gansu Province, Gansu Nephro-Urological Clinical Center, The Second Hospital of Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China.
3Beijing Jianhua Experimental School, Beijing, China.
(1) Honggang Li, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China.
(1) Nancy L. Brackett, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, USA.
(2) Anonymous, Federal University of Technology–Paraná, Brazil.
(3) Sompol Permpongkosol, Mahidol University, Thailand.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/14314
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/24870
Short Research Article
Plantar Pressure Asymmetry in Patients Six Months after Surgical Treatment of Calcaneal Fractures in Adults
Soňa Jandová1,2*, Martina Černeková3 and Jan Pazour4
1Technical University of Liberec, Studentská 2, 461 17 Liberec, Czech Republic.
2Faculty of Physical Education and Sports, Charles University, José Martího 31, 162 52 Prague, Czech Republic.
3Faculty of Technology, Tomas Bata University in Zlín, Zlín, Czech Republic.
4Regional Hospital of Liberec, Husova, 460 01 Liberec, Czech Republic.
(1) Ashish Anand, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, GV Montgomery Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA.
(1) Margarida Maria Esteves Florindo, Portuguese Red Cross Superior Health School, Portugal.
(2) Alexander E. Berezin, Medical University of Zaporozhye, Ukraine.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/14315
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/25189