2016 - Volume 13 [Issue 4]
Comparative Evaluation of Smear Layer Removal Efficacy Using QMix 2in1, Chitosan, Smear Clear and Glyde
Shaheen Venghat1* and Mithra N. Hegde1
1Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, A. B. Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Deralakatte, Mangalore, India.
(1) Emad Tawfik Mahmoud Daif, Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Cairo University, Egypt.
(1) Neha Sisodia, Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, India.
(2) Jorge Paredes Vieyra, University of Baja California, Mexico.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12928
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/23185
In-vitro Antibiotic Susceptibility Tests of Bacterial Isolates from Abdominal Wound Infection in a Nigerian Teaching Hospital
Adeyinka Ayodele Adejumo1*, Sunday Kelvin Obiano2 and Kenneth Ikenna Onyedibe3
1Department of Surgery, Federal Medical Centre, Keffi, Nassarawa State, Nigeria.
2Department of Surgery, Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State, Nigeria.
3Department of Medical Microbiology, Jos University Teaching Hospital, Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria.
(1) Crispim Cerutti Junior, Department of Social Medicine, Federal University of Espirito Santo, Brazil.
(2) Mohammed Rachidi, Molecular Genetics of Human Diseases, French Polynesia, University Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Paris, France.
(3) Jon Ver Halen, Department of Surgery, Texas A&M School of Medicine, USA and Plastic Surgery Residency, Texas A&M SOM, USA.
(1) Anonymous, Erzincan University, Turkey.
(2) Nitin Gupta, Nims Medical College, Jaipur, India.
(3) Satesh Bidaisee, St. George’s University, Grenada.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12945
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/23202
The Role of Socio-economic Factors in Abandonment of Cancer Treatment among Paediatric Patients in Jos Nigeria
Abok Ibrahim Ishaya1* and Ruth Adah1
1Department of Pediatrics, Jos University Teaching Hospital, Nigeria.
(1) Divya Kesanakurti, Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, USA.
(2) Chan Shen, Department of Biostatistics, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, USA.
(1) Anonymous, International Medicana Konya Hospital, Turkey.
(2) Md. Golam Hafiz, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
(3) C. Padmini, NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12946
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/22283
Effects of Initial Periodontal Treatment in Moderately Compensated and Decompensated Type 2 Diabetic Patients
Paula Bernardon1, Gisele Toyama2, Karine Figueredo da Costa1, Bruno Marques Sbardelotto3, Carlos Alberto Garcia Junior4, Muriel Machado Marquez Zampiva5, Marcela Chiqueto Araújo4, Jéssica Cristiane Michelin Mânica4, Carlos Augusto Nassar6 and Patricia Oehlmeyer Nassar6*
1Department of Dental Clinics, State University of West Parana (UNIOESTE), Cascavel, Parana, Brazil.
2Department of Biosciences and Health, State University of West Parana (UNIOESTE), Cascavel, Parana, Brazil.
3Department of Oral and Maxillo Facial Surgery, State University of West Parana (UNIOESTE), Cascavel, Paraná, Brazil.
4State University of West Parana (UNIOESTE), Cascavel, Parana, Brazil.
5Academic of Dentistry Course, State University of West Parana (UNIOESTE), Cascavel, Parana, Brazil.
6Periodontics Course, State University of West Parana (UNIOESTE), Cascavel, Paraná, Brazil.
(1) Yoshiro Fujii, Manager of Shin Kobe Dental Clinic, Japan.
(1) Jevas Chibuike Ozougwu, Rhema University, Nigeria.
(2) Adriana Maria Monea, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Târgu Mureș, Romania.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12956
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/23056
Challenges in Providing Rehabilitation Services for People with Disabilities in Iran: A Qualitative Study
Kianoush Abdi1, Mohammad Arab1*, Hamid Reza Khankeh2, Mohammad Kamali3, Arash Rashidian1, Farideh Khalajabadi Farahani4 and Hashem Shemshadi5
1Department of Health Management and Economics, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
2Department of Health in Emergency and Disaster and Nursing, University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
3Department of Rehabilitation Management, Faculty of Health Education, School of Rehabilitation Sciences, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
4Department of Population, Health and Family Planning, National Institute for Population Research, Tehran, Iran.
5Department of Clinical Sciences, Speech Reconstructive Surgery University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
(1) Bodur Hatice, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Ankara Numune Training and Research Hospital, Turkey.
(1) Olufemi O. Oyewole, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Nigeria.
(2) Nurudeen Amusat, University of Alberta, Canada.
(3) Robert Perna, University of Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12957
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/23337
Can Right Heart Parameters of Runners Participating in High Altitude Race be Influenced by Training Altitude or Have Any Impact on Their Performances?
Orelien Sylvain Mtopi Bopda1,2*, Vincent Siysi Verla3,4, Martin Anchang Salah5, Jacques Cabral Tchoumi Tantchou6 and Calvin Tonga7
1Department of Zoology and Animal Physiology, Faculty of Science, University of Buea, P.O.Box 63 Buea, Cameroon.
2Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Buea, P.O.Box 63 Buea, Cameroon.
3Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Buea, P.O.Box 63 Buea, Cameroon.
4Regional Hospital, Annex Buea, P.O.Box 32 Buea, Cameroon.
5Department of Animal Production Technology, College of Technology, University of Bamenda, P.O.Box 39 Bambili, Cameroon.
6Cardiac Centre, St. Elizabeth Catholic General Hospital, P.O.Box 8 Kumbo, Cameroon.
7Department of Animal Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Douala, P.O.Box 24 157 Douala, Cameroon.
(1) Nurhan Cucer, Erciyes University, Medical Biology Department, Turkey.
(2) Oswin Grollmuss, Head of Department of Pediatric and Adult Resuscitation Congenital Heart of Centre Chirurgical Marie Lannelongue, University Paris XI, France.
(1) Jerzy Beltowski, Medical University, Lublin, Poland.
(2) Anonymous, Stanford University, USA.
(3) Mascherini Gabriele, University of Florence, Italy.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12967
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/22806
Knowledge, Attitude and Perception of Onchocerciasis and Ivermectin Treatment in Idogun Community, Ondo State, Nigeria
Olajide J. Afolabi1*, Christopher E. Okaka2, Iyabo Adepeju Simon-Oke1 and Mobolanle O. Oniya1
1Department of Biology, Federal University of Technology Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria.
2Department of Animal and Environmental Biology, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria.
(1) Vijay K. Yadav, Metabolic Research Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi, India.
(1) A. Jeyasankar, Government Arts College (Autonomous), India.
(2) Hazem Mohammed Ebraheem Shaheen, Damanhour University, Egypt.
(3) Francis W. Hombhanje, Divine Word University, Papua New Guinea.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12996
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/23566
Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) Regarding Osteoporosis among General Population in Saudi Arabia
Azza El. Tlt1*, Samia S. Barghash2 and Norah I. Al-Salamah3
1Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Zagzaig University, Egypt.
2Department of Forensic Medicine and Clinical Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Al-Azhar University for Girls, Cairo, Egypt.
3Faculty of Pharmacy, Qassim University, Buraidah, Saudi Arabia.
(1) Jingli Xu, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, USA.
(2) Philippe E. Spiess, Department of Genitourinary Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, USA and Department of Urology and Department of Oncologic Sciences (Joint Appointment), College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA.
(1) Claudiu Popescu, Carol Davila University, Bucharest, Romania.
(2) Onkar C. Swami, India.
(3) Reda Mohamed Nabil Aboushady, Cairo University, Egypt.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12997
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/23131
Validation of CK-19 and HBME-1 Expression Pattern in FNACs to Supplement Morphological Evaluation for Preoperative Diagnosis of Thyroid Lesions
Shanone C. Pereira1, V. T. Jissa2, Jestin K. George1, Shaji Thomas2 and K. Sujathan1*
1Divisions of Cancer Research and Surgical Oncology, Regional Cancer Centre, Post Box No: 2417, Medical College PO, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
2Achutha Menon Centre for Health Science Studies, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
(1) E. Umit Bagriacik, Department of Immunology, Gazi University, Turkey.
(1) Anonymous, Paris 7 University, France.
(2) Padmavathi Devi Chaganti, Guntur Medical College, Guntur, India.
(3) Talia Missen Tremori, State University of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12998
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/23061
Short Research Article
The Rabbit Model of Femoral Bone Defects: Steps to Overcome Potential Pitfalls
Ismene Dontas1*, Anna-Aikaterini Neri1, Christos Zafeiris2, Nikitas Schizas3, Cleopatra Nacopoulos1, Anna-Maria Vesalas1, Triantaphyllos Papadopoulos4, Dionysios Mouzakis5 and Nikolaos Papaioannou1
1Laboratory for Research of the Musculoskeletal System, KAT Hospital, School of Medicine, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece.
22nd Orthopaedic Department, KAT Hospital, Kifissia, Greece.
34th Orthopaedic Department, KAT Hospital, Kifissia, Greece.
4Department of Dental Biomaterials, School of Dentistry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece.
5School of Mechanical Engineering, ATEI of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece.
(1) Ashish Anand, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, GV Montgomery Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA.
(1) Ilke Coskun Benlidayi, Cukurova University, Turkey.
(2) Maen Mahfouz, Arab American University Jenin, Palestine.
(3) Juliana Tsz Yan Lee, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China.
(4) Anthony Olasinde, Federal Medical Centre Owo, Ondo State, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12999
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/22857