2016 - Volume 13 [Issue 2]
A Review of Experimental Studies for Available Evidence on the Use of Prosthetic Material in Hiatal Hernia Repair
Charalampos Markakis1,2*, Andrew Wan1, Eleftherios Spartalis2, Demetrios Moris2, Dimitrios Dimitroulis2, Despoina Perrea2, Michail Safioleas2 and Periklis Tomos2
1Department of Upper GI and Bariatric Surgery, St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Blackshaw Road, Tooting, London, SW17 0QT, UK.
2University of Athens Medical School, Tetrapoleos 17 Str, Athens, 11527, Greece.
(1) Alexandre Zanchenko Fonseca, Department of General Surgery, Univertisty of Santo Amaro, Brazil.
(2) Salomone Di Saverio, Emergency Surgery Unit, Department of General and Transplant Surgery, S. Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Bologna, Italy.
(1) Juan Manuel Suárez Grau, Hospital General De Riotinto, Huelva, Spain.
(2) Pasquale Cianci, University of Foggia, Italy.
(3) Ketan Vagholkar, D. Y. Patil University School of Medicine, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12786
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/22009
Root Surface Biomodification: Current Status and a Literature Review on Available Agents for Periodontal Regeneration
Akhilesh H. Shewale1*, Deepti Gattani1, Rupali Mahajan2, S. P. Saravanan3 and Nidhi Bhatia4
1Department of Periodontology, S.D.K.S Dental College & Hospital, Nagpur, India.
2Department of Periodontology, G.I.D.S.R, Ferozepur, India.
3A.F.M.C, Pune, India.
4Department of Periodontology and Implantology, Santosh Dental College, Gaziabad, India.
(1) Karl Kingsley, Biomedical Sciences and Director of Student Research University of Nevada, Las Vegas -School of Dental Medicine, USA.
(1) Maen Mahfouz, Arab American University Jenin, Palestine.
(2) Rizwan M. Sanadi, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik, India.
(3) Babatunde O. Bamgbose, Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12787
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/22621
Obesity and Hypertension among Christian Religious Subgroups: Pentecostal vs. Orthodox
Nafiu Amidu1*, William K. B. A. Owiredu2, Abdul-Wahid Mohammed3, Peter P. M. Dapare1, Benedict B. Antuamwine1, Vida E. Sitsofe4 and Juliet Adjeiwaa4
1Department of Biomedical Laboratory Science, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University for Development Studies, Tamale, Ghana.
2Department of Molecular Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana.
3Information Systems Unit, Central Administration, University for Development Studies, Tamale, Ghana.
4Department of Community Nutrition, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University for Development Studies, Tamale, Ghana.
(1) Ricardo Forastiero, Professor of Physiology and Internal Medicine, Haematology, Favaloro University, Argentina.
(2) Francesco Angelico, Professor, Department of Public Health and Infectious Diseases, Sapienza University Medical School, Rome, Italy.
(1) Jaspinder Kaur, ECHS Command Hospital, India.
(2) Giovanni Tarantino, Federico II University, Italy.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12808
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/16724
Oxidative Stress and Antioxidant Status in Nigerian E-waste Workers: A Cancer Risk Predictive Study
Godwin Osaretin Igharo1,2*, John I. Anetor2, Oladele Osibanjo3, Humphrey Benedo Osadolor1, Micheal Onipe David1 and Kingsley Chukwunonso Agu4
1Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, School of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medical Sciences, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria.
2Department of Chemical Pathology, Toxicology and Micronutrient Metabolism Unit, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
3Department of Chemistry, Basel Convention Coordinating Centre for Training and Technology Transfer for the Africa Region, University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
4Department of Medical Biochemistry, School of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medical Sciences, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria.
(1) Chan-Min Liu, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, Xuzhou City, China.
(1) Kyung-Taek Rim, Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, Korea.
(2) Dipak Kumar Sahoo, Iowa State University, USA.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12809
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/22770
Awareness and Assessment of Work-related Hearing Impairment among Dental Professionals in Kano-Nigeria
Abdulazeez Ahmed1*, Sani Balarabe2, Saleem Saad3 and Olohigbe Alufohai4
1Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Faculty of Clinical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Bayero University / Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano, Nigeria.
2Department of Child Dental Health, College of Health Sciences, Bayero University / Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano, Nigeria.
3Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, College of Health Sciences, Bayero University / Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano, Nigeria.
4Department of Dental and Maxillofacial Surgery, Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano, Nigeria.
(1) Ibrahim El-Sayed M. El-Hakim, Ain Shams University, Egypt and Riyadh College of Dentistry and Pharmacy, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
(1) Emidio Oliveira Teixeira, Socor Hospital, Brazil.
(2) Ramesh Gurunathan, Sunway Medical Center, Malaysia.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12822
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/23347
Role of Doppler Navigation in Minimally Invasive Procedures under Ultrasound Guidance
Wilson Josiah Iju1* and Zubov Alexander Dem'yanovich2
1Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Delta State University, Abraka, Nigeria.
2Department of Oncology and Radiology, M. Gorky Donetsk National Medical University, Donetsk, Ukraine.
(1) Rakesh Garg, Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Pain and Palliative Care, Dr BRAIRCH, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.
(1) Fatima Mubarak, Aga Khan University, Pakistan.
(2) Anonymous, Peking University People’s Hospital, Beijing, China.
(3) Marco Matteo Ciccone, University of Bari, Italy.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12823
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/23076
Reduced Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor A Levels are Correlated with the Incidence of Brain Edema in Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients
Ismail Setyopranoto1*, Samekto Wibowo1, Ahmad Hamim Sadewa2 and Rusdi Lamsudin1
1Department of Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Gadjah Mada University and Dr. Sardjito General Hospital, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
2Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
(1) Vijayalakshmi I. Balekundri, Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Bengaluru, India.
(1) Adria Arboix, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain.
(2) Anonymous, University of Virginia, Virginia, USA.
(3) Alexander Berezin, Medical University of Zaporozhye, Ukraine.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12842
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/23156
A Pilot, Randomized Sham Control Trial of Autologous Bone Marrow Derived Mononuclear Cells in Acute Ischemic Central Retinal Vein Occlusion
Pradeep Venkatesh1*, Pradeep Sagar1, Atul Kumar1, Sujata Mohanty2, Tullika Seth3, Varun Gogia1, Ramanjit Sihota1 and Yog Raj Sharma1
1Department of Ophthalmology, Dr. RP Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India.
2Department of Stem Cell Facility, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India.
3Department of Hematology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India.
(1) Ashish Anand, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, GV Montgomery Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA.
(1) Radwa A. Mehanna, Alexandria University, Egypt.
(2) Cheung-Ter Ong, Chia-Yi Christian Hospital, Taiwan.
(3) Asaad Ahmed Ghanem, Mansoura University, Egypt.
(4) Flavia Ticly, University of Campinas, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12843
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20784
Silent Myocardial Infarction Due to Kounis Syndrome
Oguz Eroglu1*, Vedat Simsek2, Mustafa Koksal1 and Turgut Deniz1
1Department of Emergency Medicine, Kirikkale University, Faculty of Medicine, Kirikkale, Turkey.
2Department of Cardiology, Kirikkale University, Faculty of Medicine, Kirikkale, Turkey.
(1) Vijay K. Sharma, Division of Neurology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, National University Hospital, Singapore.
(1) Lucilene Delazari dos Santos, Sao Paulo State University, Brazil.
(2) Nicholas K. Kounis, University of Patras, Greece.
(3) Anonymous, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, India.
(4) Suzana de Albuquerque Paiva, Pontificia Universidade Catolica de Minas Gerais, Brazil.
(5) Aleksandra Nitecka-Buchta, Medical University of Silesia, Poland.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12844
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/22468
Splenic Rupture after Infective Endocarditis by Enterococcus faecalis: Case Report
Thiago Andrade Macedo1*, Antonio Claudio do Amaral Baruzzi2, Pedro Gabriel de Melo Barros e Silva1, Fabio Quartieri Alves1, Renata Lopes Hames2, Marcio Campos Sampaio1, Jose Carlos Teixeira Garcia2 and Valter Furlan2
1Department of Emergency, Hospital Totalcor, São Paulo, SP, Brazil.
2Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Totalcor, São Paulo, SP, Brazil.
(1) Fuhong SU, ICU Laboratory, Erasme Hospital, Free University Brussels, Brussels, Belgium.
(1) Peter Panizzi, Auburn University, USA.
(2) Satesh Bidaisee, St. George’s University, Grenada.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/12845
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/23389