2016 - Volume 11 [Issue 5]
Hydroxyethyl Starch- Friend or Foe?
Katarina Tomulic Brusich1*, Ivana Acan1 and Natasa Viskovic Filipcic1
1Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital Merkur, Zagreb, Croatia.
(1) Fuhong SU, ICU Laboratory, Erasme Hospital, Free University Brussels, Brussels, Belgium.
(1) Alberto Giuseppe Guido Piacentini, Azienda Ospedaliera Sant'Anna, Italy.
(2) Mona Samir Hashem, National Research Centre, Egypt.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11546
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20278
Effects of Exercise on the Amelioration of Fatigue in Cancer Survivors: A Pilot Study
Danielle F. Namour1,2, Annette F. Custereri1, Stephen J. Sylvester2, David M. Compton1* and Angie McDonald1
1Department of Psychology, Palm Beach Atlantic University, West Palm Beach, FL, USA.
2Department of Health and Human Performance, Palm Beach Atlantic University, West Palm Beach, FL, USA.
(1) Mahin Khatami, National Cancer Institute (ret.), The National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
(2) Alexander D. Verin, Vascular Biology Center, Georgia Regents University Augusta, Georgia.
(3) Philippe E. Spiess, Department of Genitourinary Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, USA and Department of Urology and Department of Oncologic Sciences (Joint Appointment), College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA.
(1) Pietro Scicchitano, Hospital “F. Perinei”– Altamura (Bari), Italy.
(2) Chih-Hung Guo, Hung Kuang University, Taichung, Taiwan.
(3) Oner Mentes, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey.
(4) F. E.Okwaraji, University of Nigeria, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11547
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20214
Correlation between Glycated Hemoglobin and Serum Lipids in Type 2 Diabetics in Eastern Libya
Nura Mohammed Naseb1, Ramesh Naidu Yedla2, Khalid Saleh Gharib3, Jagannadha Rao Peela4*, S. Shakila4, Abdul Rehaman Said4, Laxmi Teja Peela5, Sobha Devi Kolla6, Sainath Jagannath Doiphode7, Anuradha Argi8, V. Laxmi Kalpana8, Avinash Rawal9 and Soe Naung10
1Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Benghazi, Benghazi, Libya.
2Department of Medicine, Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada, AP, India.
3Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Omar Al-Muhkthar University, Al-Baida, Libya.
4Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Quest International University Perak, Ipoh, Malaysia.
5Great Eastern Medical School, Srikakulam, India.
6Department of Biochemistry, Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada, India.
7Department of Pharmacology, Guardian College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Ambernath, Thane, Maharastra, India.
8Department of Human Genetics, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India.
9Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, St Mathews Medical University, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
10Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Quest International University, Perak, 30250 Ipoh, Malaysia.
(1) Mahin Khatami, National Cancer Institute (ret.), The national Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
(2) Jia Xu, University of Texas-M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA.
(1) Iskra Ventseslavova Sainova, Institute of Experimental Morphology, Bulgaria.
(2) Masahiro Ohira, Toho University Medical Center, Japan.
(3) Ahmed Mohamed Zahran, Menoufia University, Egypt.
(4) Alexander Berezin, Medical University, Zaporozhye, Ukraine.
(5) Anonymous, National Nutrition Institute, Cairo, Egypt.
(6) Marco Matteo Ciccone, University of Bari, Italy.
(7) Anonymous, USA.
(8) Aysenur Yeğin, Antalya Research And Educational Hospital, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11608
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/18537
Ultrasound Examination of Cardiovascular Profiles of Runners Participating in High Altitude Race and their Possible Influence on Performance: A Randomized Cross-sectional Study
Orelien Sylvain Mtopi Bopda1,2*, Martin Anchang Salah3, Vincent Siysi Verla4,5, Calvin Tonga6 and Jacques Cabral Tchoumi Tantchou7
1Department of Zoology and Animal Physiology, Faculty of Science, University of Buea, P.O.Box 63 Buea, Cameroon.
2Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Buea, P.O.Box 63 Buea, Cameroon.
3Department of Animal Production Technology, College of Technology, University of Bamenda, P.O.Box 39 Bambili, Cameroon.
4Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Buea, P.O.Box 63 Buea, Cameroon.
5Regional Hospital, Annex Buea, P.O.Box 32 Buea, Cameroon.
6Department of Animal Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Douala, P.O.Box 24 157 Douala, Cameroon.
7Cardiac Centre, St. Elizabeth Catholic General Hospital, P.O.Box 8 Kumbo, Cameroon.
(1) Rakesh Garg, Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Pain and Palliative Care, Dr BRAIRCH, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.
(1) Ivana Gritti, University of Milan, Italy.
(2) Stefani laura, University of Florence, Italy.
(3) Maria Estefania Otto, Instituto de Cardiologia do Distrito Federal, Brasília, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11609
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/19844
Behavior Correlates of Post-Stroke Disability Using Data Mining and Infographics
Sunmoo Yoon1* and Jose Gutierrez2
1School of Nursing, Columbia University, New York, USA.
2Department of Neurology, Columbia University, New York, USA.
(1) Xin-an Liu, Neuroscience Department, the Scripps Research Institute, Scripps, Florida, USA.
(1) Fernando Barra Quilez, Hospital MAZ, Zaragoza, Spain.
(2) Xing Li, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, USA.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11610
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/21601
Paediatric Renal Dialysis at the End of the 20th Century in Ibadan Nigeria
A. O. Asinobi1* and O. O. Ogunkunle1
1Department of Paediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan and University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria.
(1) Tibor Fulop, Division of Nephrology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, USA.
(1) Ana Elizabeth Figueiredo, Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
(2) Mingxin Li, Fudan University, China.
(3) Rubina Naqvi, Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT), Karachi, Pakistan.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11611
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20470
A Study of Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in Patients of Psoriasis of North India
Ashish Dalal1*, Aneet Mahendra1 and Sanjeev Gupta1
1MM Medical College and Hospital, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India.
(1) E. Umit Bagriacik, Department of Immunology, Gazi University, Turkey.
(1) Farhana Tahseen Taj, KLE University, India.
(2) Anonymous, ECHS Polyclinic, India.
(3) Mutlu Çayırlı, Mevki Military Hospital, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11627
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20759
Epidemiology of Head and Neck Cancers in Maiduguri-Northeastern Nigeria
Aliyu M. Kodiya1*, Adamu I. Adamu2, Haruna A. Nggada2, Hamman I. Garandawa1, Yusuf B. Ngamdu1, Mala B. Sandabe1 and Abdullahi Isa1
1Department of Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery, College of Medical Sciences, University of Maiduguri, Nigeria.
2Department of Histopathology, College of Medical Sciences, University of Maiduguri, Nigeria.
(1) Gauri Mankekar, ENT Department, PD Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai, India.
(1) Abrao Rapoport, São Paulo University, Brazil.
(2) Anonymous, K P C Medical College, Kolkata, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11628
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20344
In vivo Studies on the Phytotherapeutic and Fertility Effects of Dracaena Arborea Extract in Alloxan-induced Type 1 Diabetic Male Rats
Oluwaseyi Samson Ogunmodede1, Saheed Oluwasina Oseni2,3*, Josephine Oluwagbemisola Oyekan4, Sodiq Kolawole Lawal5, and Omoniyi Abdulazeez Adeoye5
1Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, Lagos State University, Nigeria.
2College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria.
3Department of Biological Sciences, Florida Atlantic University, Florida, USA.
4Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Nigeria.
5Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Nigeria.
(1) Sinan Ince, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Afyon Kocatepe, Turkey.
(1) Abdullahi M. Nuhu, Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna, Nigeria.
(2) Daniela Hanganu, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
(3) James Adams, University of Southern California, USA.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11629
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/21640
Proof-of-Concept of Acute Drug-Elicited Defecatory Behaviors in Spinal Cord-Transected Animals: A Model for Identifying Centrally-Acting Prokinetic Agents
Inge Steuer1, Magali Grob1 and Pierre A. Guertin1,2*
1Laval University Medical Center (CHU de Québec – CHUL), 2705 Laurier Boulevard, RC-9800 (Neuroscience), Québec City, QC, G1V 4G2, Canada.
2Department of Psychiatry and Neurosciences, Laval University, Pavillon Vandry, bureau 4873, Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6, Canada.
(1) Panagiotis Korovessis, Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon, Orthopaedic Department, General Hospital “Agios Andreas” Patras, Greece.
(1) Anton Barreiro-Iglesias, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
(2) Miyako Takaki, Nara Medical University, Japan.
(3) Sanjay Kumar, ChristianMedical College, Bagayam, Vellore, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11630
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/19033