2016 - Volume 11 [Issue 2]
Is Cytomegalovirus Involved in Recurring Periods of Higher than Expected Death and Medical Admissions, Occurring as Clustered Outbreaks in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres?
Rodney P. Jones1*
1Healthcare Analysis and Forecasting, Camberley, UK.
(1) Mohammed Rachidi, Molecular Genetics of Human Diseases, French Polynesia, University Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Paris, France.
(1) Satyanand Tyagi, Tyagi Pharmacy Association, New Delhi, India.
(2) Julius Oloke, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11487
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20062
Odontogenic Tumour Patterns- An Introspective Analysis
E. Singh1*, R. K. Pujari1, S. Murgod1 and H. C. Girish1
1Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Rajarajeswari Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore, India.
(1) Faris Q. B. Alenzi, Department of Medical Laboratories, College of Applied Medical Sciences Salman bin Abdulaziz University (Al-Kharj), Saudi Arabia.
(1) Anonymous, Peoples University, India.
(2) Rodrigo Crespo Mosca, Sao Paulo University, Brazil.
(3) Fawzia Butt, University of Nairobi, Kenya.
(4) Ruchieka Vij, CCS University, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11488
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20162
Knowledge and Attitude of General Dentists and Last-year Students Regarding the Management of Medically Compromised Patients in Shiraz, Iran
Jannan Ghapanchi1, Sara Pour Shahidi2, Fereshteh Kamali3, Mehrdad vosoughi4, Laleh Zamani5 and Homan Ebrahimi2*
1Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran.
2Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
3Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran.
4Department of Dental Public Health, School of Dentistry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran.
5School of Dentistry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran.
(1) Ibrahim El-Sayed M. El-Hakim, Ain Shams Univ., Egypt; Riyadh College of Dentistry and Pharmacy, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
(1) Maen Mahfouz, Arab American University Jenin, Palestine.
(2) Kais Raad Abdul Majeed, International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia.
(3) Luciana de Barros Correia Fontes, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11489
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/19576
Serum Ferritin and Severity Scores in Sickle Cell Disease Patients in Nnewi (South East Nigeria)
E. C. Okocha1*, E. I. Onwubuya2, C. U. Osuji2, G. Ahaneku2, U. C. Okonkwo3, N. C. Ibeh4, J. C. Aneke1, P. E. Nwachukwu5 and C. Onah5
1Department of Haematology, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Nigeria.
2Department of Medicine, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Nigeria.
3Department of Medicine, University of Port-Harcourt Teaching Hospital, Rivers State, Nigeria.
4Department of Medical Laboratory Science, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi, Anambra State, Nigeria.
5Department of Chemical Pathology, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Nigeria.
(1) Boyd D. Burns, Residency Director & Vice Chair of Academic Affairs, Department of Emergency Medicine, The University of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine-Tulsa, USA.
(1) Luis Rodrigo, University of Oviedo, Spain.
(2) S. Adewoyin Ademola, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11490
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20405
Sulfasalazine Improves Insulin Resistance and Endothelial Dysfunction in Metabolic Syndrome Patients
Kanchan Vohra1, Pawan Krishan1*, Sudhir Varma2 and Harpreet Singh Kalra3
1Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research, Punjabi University, Patiala, India.
2Department of Cardiology, Sadbhavna Medical and Heart Institute, Patiala, India.
3Department of Medicine, Sadbhavna Medical and Heart Institute, Patiala, India.
(1) Alexander D. Verin, Vascular Biology Center, Georgia Regents University Augusta, Georgia.
(1) Jesus Peteiro, University of A Coruna, Spain.
(2) Ds Sheriff, Benghazi University, Benghazi, Libya.
(3) Sossa Charles, University of Abomey Calavi, Benin.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11491
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20571
Diagnostic Value of Coronary Artery Calcium Score for Cardiovascular Disease in African Americans: The Jackson Heart Study
Jung Hye Sung1*, Joseph Yeboah2, Jae Eun Lee1,3, Che L. Smith4, James G. Terry5, Mario Sims6, Tandaw Samdarshi6, Solomon Musani6, Ervin Fox6, Yaorong Ge7, James G. Wilson6, Herman A. Taylor8 and J. Jeffery Carr5
1Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Jackson State University, Jackson, Mississippi, USA.
2Department of Internal Medicine / Cardiology, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA.
3Research Centers in Minority Institutions Translational Research Network Data Coordinating Center, Jackson, Mississippi, USA.
4DARE Global Innovations, Washington DC, USA.
5Department of Radiology and Vanderbilt Translational and Clinical Cardiovascular Research Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA.
6University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi, USA.
7Department of Software and Information Systems, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
8Cardiovascular Research Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
(1) Fuhong SU, ICU Laboratory, Erasme Hospital, Free University Brussels, Brussels, Belgium.
(1) Anonymous, University of Palestine, Palestine.
(2) Anonymous, USA.
(3) Pietro Scicchitano, Hospital “F. Perinei”, Altamura (Bari), Italy.
(4) Yoshio Misawa, Jichi Medical University, Japan.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11492
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/21449
The Correlation between Knee Flexion Lower Range of Motion and Osgood-Schlatter's Syndrome among Adolescent Soccer Players
Amit Tzalach1*, Liran Lifshitz2, Moshe Yaniv3, Ilan Kurz4 and Leonid Kalichman5
1Physio Pro Clinic, Petah Tikva, Israel.
2Physio and More Clinic, Tel Aviv, Israel.
3Department of Pediatric Orthopedic, Sport's Injuries and Arthroscopic Surgery Service, Dana Children's Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Israel.
4Sportopedia Clinic, Ramat Hasharon, Israel.
5Department of Physical Therapy, Recanati School for Community Health Professions, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel.
(1) Panagiotis Korovessis, Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon, Orthopaedic Department, General Hospital “Agios Andreas” Patras, Greece.
(1) Anonymous, National Medical University, Ukraine.
(2) Anonymous, Uniort RPG, Brazil.
(3) Taranjit Singh Tung, University of Manitoba, Canada.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11493
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20753
Comparison of the Number of Daily Servings from Different Food Groups in Metabolic Syndrome Patients with the Control Groups
Vida Bitarafan1, Alireza Esteghamati2, Kamal Azam3, Banafshe Hosseini1 and Kurosh Djafarian1*
1Department of Clinical Nutrition, School of Nutritional Sciences and Dietetics, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
2Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Center, Vali-Asr Hospital, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran.
3Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
(1) Kate S. Collison, Department of Cell Biology, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre, Saudi Arabia.
(1) Anonymous, Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramoday Vishwavidyalaya, India.
(2) Jaspinder Kaur, Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Jalandhar, Punjab, India.
(3) Sossa Charles, University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin.
(4) Anonymous, The George Washington University, USA.
(5) Ana Lilia Rodriguez Ventura, Instituto Nacional de Perinatología Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes, Mexico.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11494
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/19832
Solitary Fibrous Tumor of Head & Neck Region: Problems in Diagnosis Due to “Borderline” Features
Shubhangi V. Agale1*, Vidya C. Arole1, Akash Jogi1, Aravind G. Valand1 and Akshay K. Tiwari1
1Department of Pathology, Grant Govt. Medical College, Mumbai-400008, India.
(1) Franciszek Burdan, Experimental Teratology Unit, Human Anatomy Department, Medical University of Lublin, Poland and Radiology Department, St. John’s Cancer Center, Poland.
(1) Anonymous, Asian Institute of Medicine, Science & Technology, Malaysia.
(2) Anonymous, National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan.
(3) Abrao Rapoport, Sao Paulo University, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11495
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20635
Disseminated Histoplasmosis Presenting as Skin Nodules
B. B. Arora1, Megha Maheshwari2* and D. R. Arora2
1Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, SGT University, Budhera, Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
2Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, SGT University, Budhera, Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
(1) Chan-Min Liu, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, Xuzhou City, China.
(2) E. Umit BAGRIACIK, Department of Immunology, Gazi University, Turkey.
(1) Farhana Tahseen Taj, KLE University, India.
(2) Mutlu Çayırlı, Mevki Military Hospital, Ankara, Turkey.
(3) Shubhangi V. Agale, Grant Govt. Medical College, Mumbai, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11496
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2016/20732