2015 - Volume 10 [Issue 12]
Isoflurane and Ketamine/Xylazine Anesthesia do not Influence the Neuroprotective Effects of Simvastatin in a Model of Permanent Cerebral Ischemic Injury in C57BL/6J Mice
Maria Linou1, Era Taoufik2*, Georgios Kazakos3, Efstathios Boviatsis4, Lila Papadimitriou5 and Ismene A. Dontas6
1Diagnostic Department, Hellenic Pasteur Institute, Athens, Greece.
2Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, Hellenic Pasteur Institute, Athens, Greece.
3School of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece.
42nd Department of Neurosurgery, ATTIKON University Hospital, Athens, Greece.
5Anesthesiology Department, Henri Dunant Medical Center, Athens, Greece.
6Laboratory for Research of the Musculoskeletal System, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Athens, Greece.
(1) Xin-an Liu, Neuroscience Department, The Scripps Research Institute, Scripps, Florida, USA.
(1) Anonymous, Okayama University, Japan.
(2) Weiting Wang, Tianjin Institute of Pharmaceutical Research, Tianjin, China.
(3) Anonymous, King George’s Medical College, Lucknow (UP), India.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11332
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/19288
Study of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Traumatic Brain Injury
Anand Sharma1*, Achal Sharma1, Akhilesh Jain2, R. S. Mittal1 and I. D. Gupta1
1Department of Neurosurgery, Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
2ESIC Model Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
(1) Domenico De Berardis, Department of Mental Health, National Health Service, Psychiatric Service of Diagnosis and Treatment, “G. Mazzini” Hospital, Italy.
(1) OR Cohen-Inbar, University of Virginia Health Care Center, USA.
(2) Arturo Solís Herrera, Director del Centro de Estudios de la Fotosíntesis Humana, Mexico.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11385
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/20370
Comparative Study of Two Sclerosants for Pleurodesis for Incurable Pleural Effusions and Pneumothorax
E. E. Ekpe1* and M. C. Ikpe2
1Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit, Department of Surgery, University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, P.M.B. 1136, Uyo, Nigeria.
2Department of Radiology, University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, P.M.B. 1136, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
(1) Chan-Min Liu, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, Xuzhou City, China.
(1) Mona Zaki Zaghloul, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
(2) Rogerio Pazetti, Sao Paulo University Medical School, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11405
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/20841
Role of Gibberellic and Indole Acetic Acid in Altering Ocular Structure and Function of Mother Rats and their Offspring
H. I. H. El-Sayyad1*, M. M. Ramadan1, M. H. Abou-Egla1, Adel M. A. Asiri2 and M. E. El-Beeh1,2
1Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt.
2Institiute of Scientific Research and Revival of Islamic Heritage, Um Al-Qura University, Makkah, Kingdom Saudia Arabia and Zoology Department, Faculty of Science, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt.
(1) Shashank Kumar, Department of Biochemistry, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, India.
(1) Anonymous, Austria.
(2) Atef Mahmoud Mahmoud Attia, Biophysical Laboratory, National Research Centre, Egypt.
(3) Arturo Solis Herrera, Human Photosynthesis Research Center, Mexico.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11406
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/19964
Thyroid Disorders in Pregnancy- Experience from North East India
Uma Kaimal Saikia1*, Dipti Sarma1 and M. S. Raghu1
1Department of Endocrinology, Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati, Assam, India.
(1) Vijay K. Yadav, Systems Biology of Bone Group, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, UK.
(1) Anonymous, University of Malawi, Malawi.
(2) Ds Sheriff, Benghazi University, Benghazi, Libya.
(3) Magdy Abdelrahman Mohamed, Sohag University, Egypt.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11407
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/20534
Contraceptive Practice of Clients Attending the Family Planning Clinic of the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, Nigeria
Mustafa Adelaja Lamina1* and Monday Ikhile1
1Maternal and Fetal Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, Nigeria.
(1) Yinhua Yu, Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Female Reproductive Endocrine Related Diseases, China.
(2) Salomone Di Saverio, Emergency Surgery Unit, Department of General and Transplant Surgery, S. Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Bologna, Italy.
(1) Norman Goldstuck, University of Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa.
(2) Suresh Sharma, Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi, India.
(3) Halle Ekane Edie Gregory, University of Buea, Cameroon.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11408
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/16215
Short Research Article
VEGFA SNPs (rs34357231 & rs35569394), Transcriptional Factor Binding Sites and Human Disease
Norman E. Buroker1*
1Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA.
(1) Toru Watanabe, Department of Pediatrics, Niigata City General Hospital, Japan.
(1) Hang Fai Kwok, University of Macau, China.
(2) Suman Kapur, BITS, Pilani, India.
(3) Q. U. Shunlin, University of South China, China.
(4) Li Yao, Zhejiang Chinese Medical University, China.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11409
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/19777
Fish Pedicure-induced Aeromonas sobria Superficial Necrotic Bullous Dermatitis in a Previously Undiagnosed Diabetes Patient. What are the Risks of Fish Pedicure for Public Health?
Olivier Vanhooteghem1*, Dieter Anseeuw2, Christian Michel3, Michel Penninckx4, Anne-Madeleine Pironnet5, Anne Simon6, Filip A. M. Volckaert7 and Hilde Beele8
1Department of Dermatology, Sainte Elisabeth Hospital, B-5000 Namur, Belgium.
2VIVES University College, Wilgenstraat 32, B-8800 Roeselare, Belgium.
3University of Liège, Quai Edouard Van Beneden 22, B-4020 Liège, Belgium.
4Department of Microbial Physiology and Ecology, University of Brussel, Bruxelles, B-1050 Brussels, Belgium.
5Superior Health Council, Place V. Horta, 40, bte 10, B-1060 Brussels, Belgium.
6Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infection Control, Saint-Luc University Hospital, Avenue Hippocrate 10, B-1200 Brussels, Belgium.
7Laboratory of Biodiversity and Evolutionary Genomics, University of Leuven, Ch. Deberiotstraat 32, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium.
8Department of Dermatology, University of Gent, De Pintelaan 185, B-9000 Gent, Belgium.
(1) Crispim Cerutti Junior, Department of Social Medicine, Federal University of Espirito Santo, Brazil.
(1) Raphael Stricker, United States Military Academy, San Francisco, CA, USA.
(2) Vikram K. Mahajan, Dr R P Govt. Medical College, Kangra, India.
(3) Anonymous, São Paulo State University, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11410
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/16568
Combined Intestinal Ischemia, Cerebral Stroke and Thrombosis of Thoracoabdominal Aorta and Splenic Artery in a Thrombophilic Woman: A Case Report
Carolina Giordano1, Olivia Penna1, Antonio Amato1, Rosario Bruno1, Vincenzo F. Tripodi1, Eugenio G. Vadalà1, Natalino C. Pennisi2, Epifanio Mondello1 and Vincenzo Fodale1*
1Department of Human Pathology, Section of Anesthesiology, University of Messina, Italy.
2Residency Program in Diagnostic Radiology, University of Messina, 98125 Messina, Italy.
(1) Xin-an Liu, Neuroscience Department, Scripps Research Institute, Scripps, Florida, USA.
(1) Iryna Lobanova, National medical university, Ukraine.
(2) Jerzy Bełtowski, Medical University, Lublin, Poland.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11411
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/20540
A Female Child with Oligodontia in Primary Dentition – Report of a Rare Case
Aron Arun Kumar Vasa1*, Suzan Sahana1, Sowjanya Vemulapalli1 and J. Raghavendra Kumar1
1Department of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, St. Joseph Dental College, Duggirala, Eluru-534003, Andhra Pradesh, India.
(1) Emad Tawfik Mahmoud Daif, Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Cairo University, Egypt.
(1) H. Serdar Çotert, Ege University, Turkey.
(2) Anonymous, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
Complete Peer review History: http://sciencedomain.org/review-history/11412
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/20565