2015 - Volume 8 [Issue 4]
A Review of Efficacy of Hippotherapy for the Treatment of Musculoskeletal Disorders
Antonios G. Angoules1*, Dionysios Koukoulas2, Konstantinos Balakatounis3, Irene Kapari4 and Eleni Matsouki4
1Department of Medical Laboratories, Technological Educational Institute of Athens, Greece.
2Department of Physical Therapy, Technological Educational Institute of Athens, Greece.
3Philoktitis-Egersis Physical Μedicine Center of Excellence, Athens, Greece.
4Hellenic Association for Therapeutic Riding (ELETHIP), Athens, Greece.
(1) Rakesh Garg, Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care, Pain and Palliative Care, Dr BRAIRCH, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.
(2) Masahiro Hasegawa, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mie University, Graduate School of Medicine, 2-174 Edobashi, Tsu City, Mie, 514-8507, Japan.
(1) Garima Gupta, Department of Physiotherapy, Saaii College of Medical Science and Technology, Kanpur, India.
(2) Orhan Korhan, Industrial Engineering, Eastern Mediterranean University, Cyprus.
(3) Anonymous, The Netherlands.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/8985
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/17023
Contrast-enhanced Ultrasound in the Assessment of the Transitional Zone of Microwave Ablations in an Ex vivo Perfused Liver Model; is It a Useful Tool?
Ahmed Alzaraa1*, Wen Yuan Chung1, Bruno Morgan2, Kevin West3 and David Lloyd1
1Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, LE5 4PW, United Kingdom.
2Department of Radiology, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, LE5 4PW, United Kingdom.
3Department of Histopathology, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, LE5 4PW, United Kingdom.
(1) Kate S. Collison, Department of Cell Biology, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Saudi Arabia.
(1) Jaspinder Kaur, ECHS Polyclinic, India.
(2) Mingiang Cheng, Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital of Guiyang Medical College, China.
(3) Georgios Tsoulfas, Department of Surgery, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
(4) Anonymous, South Korea.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/9010
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/17155
Safety and Efficacy of Prolonged Hydroxycarbamide Administration in Patients with Sickle Cell Disease in Northwestern Greece
Alexandros Makis1*, Frideriki Koutsouka2, Nikolaos Chaliasos1, Eleni Kapsali2 and Evangelos Briasoulis2
1Department of Child Health, University of Ioannina Medical School, Ioannina, Greece.
2Department of Haematology, University of Ioannina Medical School, Ioannina, Greece.
(1) Alex Xiucheng Fan, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, USA.
(1) Knox Van Dyke, Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology West Virginia Medical School, USA.
(2) Anna Borra, Department of Haematology and BMT Unit, ASO Santa Croce e Carle, Cuneo, Italy.
(3) Adewoyin, Ademola Samson, Department of Haematology and Blood Transfusion, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/9011
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/17515
A Regression Model to Predict Diameter of Mitral Valve Prosthesis Preoperatively: An Aid to Clinical Decision Making
Praveen Sharma1, Ankur Joshi2*, B. S. Yadav3, Saket Kale4 and M. C. Songara5
1Department of Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India.
2Department of Community Medicine, Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India.
3Department of Cardiology, Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India.
4Technical Support Unit, Madhya Pradesh State AIDS Control Society, India.
5Department of Surgery, Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India.
(1) Gaetano Santulli, College of Physicians and Surgeons Columbia University Medical Center, New York, USA.
(1) Francesco Nappi, Department of Cardiac Surgery, Centre Cardiologique du Nord, St. Denis, France.
(2) Anonymous, USA.
(3) John Skoularigis, Cardiology Department, Larissa University Hospital, Greece.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/9012
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/16835
Sero-prevalence of Hepatitis B Infection and Its Risk Factors among Women Admitted for Delivery in Ucth, Calabar, Nigeria
C. U. Iklaki1*, C. I. Emechebe1, B. U. Ago1 and C. O. Njoku1
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Calabar, P.M.B.1115, Calabar, Nigeria.
(1) Yinhua Yu, Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Female Reproductive Endocrine Related Diseases, China.
(1) Giovanni Tarantino, Federico II University Medical School of Naples, Italy.
(2) Antoinette van der Kuyl, Department of Medical Microbiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
(3) Anonymous, Malaysia.
(4) Julieta Trinks, Instituto de Ciencias Básicas y Medicina Experimental, Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(5) Anonymous, USA.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/9013
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/16397
Attitude of Residents of a Rural Community in South-South, Nigeria towards Alternative Medical Therapy
Omosivie Maduka1* and Evans Ejimkaraonye1
1Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
(1) Crispim Cerutti Junior, Department of Social Medicine, Federal University of Espirito Santo, Brazil.
(1) Bing Hu, Department of Oncology, Longhua Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, China.
(2) Hikabasa Halwiindi, Department of Public Health, School of Medicine, University of Zambia, Zambia.
(3) Saliu Tosho Abdulsalam, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital, Ogbomoso, Oyo State, Nigeria.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/9074
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/16054
Infant and Young Child Feeding in Children under-5 Years in Ghana: Key Strategy to Childhood Development
Paschal Awingura Apanga1*
1Talensi District Hospital, Ghana Health Service, Tongo, Upper East Region, Ghana.
(1) Toru Watanabe, Department of Pediatrics, Niigata City General Hospital, Japan.
(1) Anonymous, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Nigeria.
(2) Anonymous, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Tanzania.
(3) Anonymous, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, South Africa.
(4) Margarida Reis Santos, Escola Superior de Enfermagem do Porto, Portugal.
(5) Anonymous, Tibiscus University of Timisoara, Romania.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/9075
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/17261
Short Research Article
Evaluation of ‘Wastage Rate’ of Blood and Components – An Important Quality Indicator in Blood Banks
Asitava Deb Roy1* and Arijit Pal1
1Department of Pathology, IQ City Medical College, Durgapur, West Bengal, India.
(1) Masayoshi Yamaguchi, Department of Hematology and Biomedical Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, USA.
(1) Anonymous, University of Florrence, Italy.
(2) Omesh Kumar Bharti, State Health and Family Welfare Institute, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/9076
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/16930
Clinical Practice Article
The Relation between Chronic Aseptic Arthritis and Previous Chlamydia Infection among Middle Aged Iraqi Patients
Asa'ad F. Albayati1*, Sinan B. Alrifai2, Wisal R. Al-Hayali2 and Dhoha R. Al Taha3
1Department of Medical Microbiology, Al-Iraqia University, College of Medicine, Baghdad, Iraq.
2Department of Medical Microbiology, Tikrit University, College of Medicine, Salahaddin, Iraq.
3Salahaddin Health Directorate/Digla Hospital for Medical Rehabilitation, Salahaddin, Iraq.
(1) Roberto Manfredi, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy.
(1) Anonymous, Japan.
(2) José Augusto Adler Pereira, Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology Faculty of Medicine. State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/9077
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/17615
Orbital Myositis with Rapid Successful Treatment with Corticosteroids
Syuichi Tetsuka1*, Asako Tagawa1, Tomoko Ogawa1, Mieko Otsuka1, Ritsuo Hashimoto1 and Hiroyuki Kato1
1Department of Neurology, Hospital of International University of Health and Welfare, 537-3, Iguchi, Nasushiobara, Tochigi 329-2763, Japan.
(1) Xin-an Liu, Neuroscience Department, The Scripps Research Institute, Scripps, Florida, USA.
(1) Anonymous, Mansoura University, Egypt.
(2) Rahmi Duman, Dr. A. Y. Ankara Oncology Hospital, Turkey.
(3) Iskra Ventseslavova Sainova, Institute of Experimental Morphology, Bulgaria.
(4) Glenda Ernst, British Hospital, Respiratory Medicine School, Argentina.
(5) Anonymous, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil.
(6) Pedro Gemal Lanzieri, Internal Medicine, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/9079
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/17738