2015 - Volume 8 [Issue 2]
Use of Propolis in Cancer Research
P. Vit1,2,3*, F. Huq2, O. M. Barth4, M. Campo5, E. M. Pérez-Pérez6, F. A. Tomás-Barberán7 and E. L. Santos8
1Agrarian and Livestock Research Center, Academic Unit of Agrarian and Livestock Sciences, Universidad Técnica de Machala, Machala, El Oro Province, Ecuador.
2Biomedical Science Cancer Research Network, Discipline of Biomedical Science, University of Sydney, 75 East Street, Lidcombe, NSW 1825, Australia.
3Apitherapy and Bioactivity, Food Science Department, Faculty of Pharmacy and Bioanalysis, Universidad de Los Andes, Mérida, Venezuela.
4Laboratory of Morfology and Viral Morfogenesis, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
5Academic Unit of Chemical Science and Health, Universidad Técnica de Machala, Machala, El Oro province, Ecuador.
6Laboratory of Biotechnological and Molecular Analysis, Faculty of Pharmacy and Bioanalysis, Universidad de Los Andes, Mérida, Venezuela.
7Research Group on Quality, Safety and Bioactivity of Plant Foods, Department of Food Science and Technology, CEBAS (CSIC), P.O.Box 164, 30100, Campus Espinardo, Murcia, Spain.
8Environmental and Biological Science, Federal University of Grande Dourados, Rodovia Dourados Ithaum, Km 12, 79804-970 Dourados, MS, Brazil.
(1) Mahin Khatami, National Cancer Institute (ret.), The National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
(1) Anonymous, Italy.
(2) Kwang-Huei Lin, Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Chang-Gung University, Taiwan.
(3) Anonymous, Japan.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/8888
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/16216
The Effect of Bariatric Surgery on Bone Health
John Moir1*, Iain Mc Callum1 and Keith Seymour1
1Department of Upper GI Surgery, North Tyneside General Hospital, Rake Lane, North Shields NE29 8NH, United Kingdom.
(1) Kate S. Collison, Department of Cell Biology, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Saudi Arabia.
(1) Deepak Kadeli, Shri B.M Patil Medical College Hospital and Research Center, Bijapur, India.
(2) Anonymous, USA.
(3) Anonymous, USA.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/8889
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/16903
The Role of Celecoxib as a Cox-2 Inhibitor Increasing the Radiosensitivity of Tumor Tissue
Yousef Jalalabadi1,2, Alireza Shirazi3, Mohammad-Reza Ghavam–Nasiri4*, Amir Ale Davood5 and Dariush Sardari1
1Department of Medical Radiation Engineering, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran.
2Department of Engineering, Kashmar Branch, Islamic Azad University, Kashmar, Iran.
3Department of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran.
4Iranian Society of Radiation Oncology, Tehran, Iran.
5Department of Cancer Research, Faculty of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran.
(1) E. Umit Bagriacik, Department of Immunology, Gazi University, Turkey.
(1) Isao Kuroda, Department of Urology, Ibaraki Medical Center, Tokyo Medical University, Japan.
(2) Xiangjiao Meng, Department of Radiation Oncology, Shandong Cancer Hospital and Institute, China.
(3) Zhiqiang Qin, Departments of Microbiology/Immunology/Parasitology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, United States.
(4) Anonymous, Malaysia.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/8892
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/16946
Radiologic Evaluation of Marginal Bone Loss in Delayed vs. Immediate Loaded Implants –18 Month Results of a Prospective Comparative Study
Anirudh Bhattacharya1* and Vijay Sharma2
1Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, Critical Care & Trauma Hospital, Jaipur, India.
2Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, Aashirwad Hospital, Akola, India.
(1) Hai Ming Wong, The University of Hong Kong, 2/F, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, Hong Kong.
(1) Mark E Peacock, Oral Biology, Georgia Regents University, USA.
(2) Anonymous, Portugal.
(3) Anonymous, Romania.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/8893
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/17500
Evaluation of Simple and Cost-Effective DNA Preparation and Subsequent PCR Amplification for Clinically Relevant Mycobacteria
Veronica J. Gómez1,2, Angela M. Guzman1, Gloria I. Mejia1, Diego H. Caceres1, Jaime A. Robledo1,2 and Francois Rouzaud1,3*
1Corporación Para Investigaciones Biológicas—(CIB), Bacteriology and Mycobacteria Unit, Carrera 72a N 78B-141, Medellín, Colombia.
2Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana—(UPB), Calle 78b No. 72a-109, Medellín, Colombia.
3Equal Opportunity Life Sciences, 1132 Parrish Dr., Rockville, MD, USA.
(1) Rui Yu, Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Gillings School of Global Public Health, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA.
(1) Anonymous, India.
(2) Travería Gabriel Eduardo, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Argentina.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/8894
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/16945
Seroprevalence of Syphilis Infection in Individuals at Cape Coast Metropolis, Ghana
Nti-Boakye A. Faustina1, Kwabena Dankwa2, Charles Ampiah3, Johnson Nyarko Boampong1 and Samuel V. Nuvor1,2*
1Department of Biomedical and Forensic Sciences, School of Biological Sciences, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana.
2Department of Microbiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana.
3Central Regional Teaching Hospital, Cape Coast, Ghana.
(1) Taymour Mostafa, The New Kasr Al-Aini Teaching Hospital, Cairo, Egypt and Department of Andrology, Sexology and STDs, University of Cairo, Egypt.
(1) Elvis Enowbeyang Tarkang, HIV/AIDS Prevention Research Network, Cameroon.
(2) Anonymous, Italy.
(3) Shamim Ahmad, Cancer Research Center, Georgia Regents University, USA.
(4) Mohamed Hassan Emara, Tropical Medicine Department, Zagazig University, Egypt.
(5) NS Abbai, South African Medical Research Council, South Africa.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/8895
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/16267
COPD in Non-smokers-Prevalence and Risk Factors
Mohammad Shameem1*, Mohd Arif Alam1, Zuber Ahmad1 and Arshad Ejazi1
1Department of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, UP 202002, India.
(1) Xin-an Liu, Neuroscience Department, The Scripps Research Institute, Scripps, Florida, USA.
(1) Anonymous, USA.
(2) Vivek Sharma, Department of Pharmacology, Government College of Pharmacy, India.
(3) Anonymous, Lebanon.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/8896
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/13177
Non-invasive Assessment of the Severity of Aortic Stenosis by Doppler Derived Aortic Valve Coefficient: A Retrospective Feasibility Study in Humans
Anup K. Paul1, Mohamed A. Effat2, Jason J. Paquin2, Arumugam Narayanan2, Tarek A. Helmy2, Imran Arif2, Massoud A. Leesar3 and Rupak K. Banerjee1*
1Mechanical Engineering Program, School of Dynamic Systems, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.
2Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.
3Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA.
(1) Gaetano Santulli, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, USA.
(1) Alexandre de Matos Soeiro, Heart Institute, University of São Paulo, Medical School, Brazil.
(2) Pietro Scicchitano, Cardiology, Murgia Hospital, Altamura, Bari, Italy.
(3) Andrea Borghini, Institute of Clinical Physiology, CNR, Pisa, Italy.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/8897
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/17136
Perception about Working in Rural Area after Graduation and Associated Factors: A Study among Final Year Medical Students in Medical Schools of Southeast Nigeria
Edmund Ndudi Ossai1*, Uchenna Chidi Anyanwagu2,3, Benedict Ndubueze Azuogu4, Kenechi Anderson Uwakwe5, Ngozi Ekeke6 and Ntat Charles Ibiok1
1Department of Community Medicine, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Ituku-Ozalla, Enugu, Nigeria.
2Department of Community Medicine, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Nigeria.
3Division of Graduate Entry Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK.
4Department of Community Medicine, Federal Teaching Hospital Abakaliki, Nigeria.
5Department of Community Medicine, College of Medicine, Imo State University Owerri, Nigeria.
6German Leprosy and TB Relief Association, Enugu, Nigeria.
(1) Boyd D. Burns, Department of Emergency Medicine, The University of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine, Tulsa, USA.
(1) Anita Devi K, Faculty of Medicine, SEGi University, Malaysia.
(2) Varsha J. Patel, Department of Pharmacology, Smt. NHL Muni. Medical College, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/8898
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/16937
Nodular Fasciitis: An Uncommon Pediatric Parotid Region Mass
Peter Kalina1* and Jon Hunsaker1
1Department of Radiology, Neuroradiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street Rochester, MN 55905, USA.
(1) Patorn Piromchai, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Khon Kaen University, Thailand.
(1) Abrão Rapoport, São Paulo University, Brazil.
(2) Adebola, Stephen Oluwatosin, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Nigeria.
(3) Anonymous, Japan.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/8974
DOI : 10.9734/BJMMR/2015/17539
SCIENCEDOMAIN international (SDI) publishes high-quality, OPEN peer-reviewed, OPEN access international journals in various sectors of science, technology and
Guest House Road, Street no - 1/6,
Hooghly, West Bengal,