International Research Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry, ISSN: 2231-3443,Vol.: 16, Issue.: 1
Synthesis and Charaterization of Metal Chelates of (5-(2,3-dimethyl-1-phenyl-3-pyrazolin-5-one-4-ylazo)-1H-pyrimidine-2,4-dione)
V. G. Vidya1* 1Kerala University, India.
V. G. Vidya1*
1Kerala University, India.
(1) Li Caim Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of South Carolina Lancaster, Lancaster, SC 29721-0889, USA.
(2) Wolfgang Linert, Professor, Institute of Applied Synthetic Chemistry, Vienna University of Technology Getreidemarkt, Austria.
(1) Joseph C. Sloop, Georgia Gwinnett College, USA.
(2) Ahmed Mohammed Abu-Dief Mohammed, Egypt.
(3) Claudia Araceli Contreras Celedón, Instituto de Investigaciones Químico-Biológicas, Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolás de Hidalgo, México.
(4) A. Veerareddy, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/23489
An azo dye UAAP and Mn(II), Co(II), Ni(II), Cu(II) and Zn(II)complexes were synthesized and characterized using elemental analysis, mass spectra, UV- Vis, fluorescence spectra, ESR spectrum, IR spectra, NMR spectra, NLO property, molar conductance and magnetic measurements. The spectral and analytical data reveal that UAAP act as both bidentate and tridentate ligand. The molar conductance data reveal that complexes Co(II), Cu(II) and Zn(II) are nonelectrlytic and Mn(II), Ni(II) 1:2 electrolyte in nature. Based on all data structures were proposed for UAAp and complexes. The UAAP and metal complexes were screened for antimicrobial activity, antioxidant study, DNA cleavage analysis and anticancerous investigation.
Uracil; 4-aminoatipyrine; azo dye.
Full Article - PDF Page 1-15Review History Comments