Advances in Research, ISSN: 2348-0394,Vol.: 12, Issue.: 6
Seasonal Variation of Bivalves of Intertidal Mangrove Area of Shirgaon, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
S. M. Karhale1*, A. D. Adsul1, S. T. Indulkar1 and R. Pai1 1Department of Fisheries Hydrography, College of Fisheries Shirgaon (Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth), Ratnagiri - 415629 (MS), India.
S. M. Karhale1*, A. D. Adsul1, S. T. Indulkar1 and R. Pai1
1Department of Fisheries Hydrography, College of Fisheries Shirgaon (Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth), Ratnagiri - 415629 (MS), India.
(1) Gabriel Oladele Awe, Department of Soil Resources & Environmental Management, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Ekiti State University, Nigeria.
(2) George Perry, Dean and Professor of Biology, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA.
(3) Borislav Banjac, Department of Field and Vegetable Crops, University of Novi Sad, Serbia.
(1) Jongkar Grinang, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, Malaysia.
(2) M. Yesim Çelik, Sinop University, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/22542
A study has been made during February 2012 to January 2013 to know the pattern of bivalve fauna in the mangrove area of Shirgaon. During the present study, nine of bivalve, viz. Anadora granosa, Brachiodontes striatulus, Dosinia sp., Meretrix meretrix, Saccostrea cucculata, Lucina sp., Tellina palatam, Trapezium sublivigatum and Polymesoda expansa were recorded. The bivalves, Brachiodontes striatulus and Saccostrea cucculata were recorded throughout the year. The species such as, Lucina sp., Dosinia sp., P. expansa and T. sublivigatum have shown inconsistence occurrence during the study period while M. meretrix, A. granosa and T. palatam were recorded only once during September, June and May respectively.
Mangrove; bivalve; diversity; transect; quadrate.
Full Article - PDF Page 1-7
DOI : 10.9734/AIR/2017/36786Review History Comments