Asian Research Journal of Agriculture, 2456-561X,Vol.: 7, Issue.: 1
Evaluation of Different Rice Hybrids on Morphological Traits and Quality Attributes in Adaptability Yield Trial
M. Riaz1*, M. Akther1, T. Latif1, M. Iqbal1, A. Raza1, N. Shahzadi1 1Rice Research Institute, Kala shah Kaku, Pakistan.
M. Riaz1*, M. Akther1, T. Latif1, M. Iqbal1, A. Raza1, N. Shahzadi1
1Rice Research Institute, Kala shah Kaku, Pakistan.
(1) Peter A. Roussos, Assistant Professor, Lab. Pomology, Agricultural University of Athens, Greece.
(2) Rusu Teodor, Department of Technical and Soil Sciences, University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
(3) Tancredo Souza, Centre for Functional Ecology, Department of Life Sciences, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
(1) C. A. Afiukwa, Ebonyi State University, Nigeria.
(2) Preeya P. Wangsomnuk, Khon Kaen University, Thailand.
(3) Valentin Ivanov Kosev, Institute of Forage Crops, Bulgaria.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/22153
Twelve rice hybrids of different companies were evaluated for yield, yield components and quality attributes in at Rice Research Institute Kala shah kaku along with KSK-133 and KSK-434 as check varieties in RCBD. All the hybrids were found significantly different from each other in all aspects of morphological and quality attributes. The traits under study were maturity days, plant height (cm), no. of productive tillers, panicle length (cm), no. of grains / panicle, 1000 grain weight (gram) and paddy yield (t/ha). Quality attributes include cooked grain length, average grain length, elongation ratio, broken rice %, total milled rice % and head rice recovery%. PRIDE-1(10.2 t/ha) and DAGHA (9.7 t/ha) were found to be significantly higher in yield. On the other side paddy yield of hybrid HEV-188(5.52 t/ha) remained at the bottom. The highest value of no. of productive tillers were recorded in PRIDE-1, panical length was higher in LP-3. The no. of grains /panicle was higher in AKP-907 and 1000 grain weight was estimated maximum in Y-26, which were significantly higher relative to the checks. In case of milling recovery, WINNER-05 was found to be best hybrid with head rice recovery (68.5%) and in cooking quality the best value estimated of elongation ratio was of DAGHA (1.7). PRIDE-1 and DAGHA can be used for seed production. The seed of the following hybrids can be multiplied and produced in Sindh for cultivation.
Hybrid rice; yield components; quality traits.
DOI : 10.9734/ARJA/2017/32151Review History Comments