Annual Research & Review in Biology, ISSN: 2347-565X,Vol.: 14, Issue.: 4
A Taxonomic Revision of Genus Polygonum L. sensu lato (Polygonaceae) for Flora of Iran
Sirous Hassannejad1* and Soheila Porhaeidar Ghafarbi2 1Department of Plant Eco-physiology, University of Tabriz, Iran. 2Department of Agronomy and Plant Breading, University of Tehran, Iran.
Sirous Hassannejad1* and Soheila Porhaeidar Ghafarbi2
1Department of Plant Eco-physiology, University of Tabriz, Iran.
2Department of Agronomy and Plant Breading, University of Tehran, Iran.
(1) Martin Koller, University of Graz, Research Management and Service, c/o Institute of Chemistry, Austria.
(2) J. Rodolfo Rendón Villalobos, Department of Technological Development, National Polytechnic Institute, México.
(3) George Perry, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA.
(1) Ahmet Sivacioğlu, Kastamonu University, Turkey.
(2) A. S. Oyelakin, Federal University of Agriculture, Nigeria.
(3) Imen Ben Ammar, University of Sousse, Tunisia.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/20036
The genus Polygonum L. sensu lato is revised based on articles, herbarium documents and field observations. In this article, a brief revision of this genus in Iran is presented. It was first described by Rechinger and Schiman-Czeika  for flora Iranica and has included up to 53 species. The last revision of this genus has been made by Mozaffarian , and the genus Polygonum L. sensu lato is divided into 3 genera (Polygonum L. sensu sticto, Bistorta Adans. and Persicaria Mill.). But in present study, according to our field observations and herbarium materials, the genus Polygonum L. sensu lato has to be separated into 5 different genera including Aconogonon (Meisn.) Rchb., Bistorta (L.) Scop., Fallopia Adans., Persicaria (L.) Mill., and Polygonum L. sensu stricto. The number of species for Polygonum L. sensu lato has been reduced to 25 species. For these 5 genera, new identification keys have been created.
Aconogonon; Bistorta; Fallopia; Flora of Iran; Persicaria; Polygonum.
Full Article - PDF Page 1-5
DOI : 10.9734/ARRB/2017/27339Review History Comments