Quick Menu

Upcoming Journals

Asian Research Journal of Agriculture

Asian Research Journal of Agriculture, 2456-561X,Vol.: 5, Issue.: 3


Changes of Soil Fertility Status in Some Soil Series of Tista Floodplain Soils of Bangladesh, during 1996-2016


Masud Hassan1*, Abdullah Abu Syeed Ahmed1,2, Md Arafat Hassan3, Rubaya Nasrin4, A. B. M. Sadique Rayhan1,5, Sk. Musfiq-Us- Salehin1 and Md Khaliur Rahman1

1Department of Soil, Water and Environment, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh.

2Deprtment of Agriculture and Forestry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland.

3Department of Geography and Environment, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh.

4Department of Environmental Sciences, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh.

5Department of Marine Affairs, Xiamen University, Fujian, China.


Article Information
(1) Rusu Teodor, Department of Technical and Soil Sciences, University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
(1) Roshan Babu Ojha, Nepal Agricultural Research Council, Nepal.
(2) San Thwin, University of Forestry, Myanmar.
(3) Luís Miguel Brito, Instituto Politécnico de Viana do Castelo, Portugal.
(4) M. Yuvaraj, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, India.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/20022




The study of several soil series of Tista Floodplain soils were carried out to find the changing trend of nutrients status from 1996 to 2016. The studied values of different soil quality variables were changed likewise pH 5.87 ± 0.47 to 5.95 ± 0.33, organic matter 1.37 ± 0.31% to 1.47 ± 0.41%, ,total nitrogen 0.49 ± 0.13 cmol/kg to 0.64 ± 0.07 cmol/kg , phosphorous 0.10 ± 0.04 cmol/kg to 3.19 ± 0.34 cmol/kg, potassium 0.31 ± 0.29 cmol/kg to 2.93 ± 0.26 cmol/kg, sulfur 0.19 ± 0.05 cmol/kg to 8.66 ± 2.74 cmol/kg, iron 1.09 ± 0.46 cmol/kg to 2.07 ± 0.99 cmol/kg, manganese 0.10 ± 0.02 cmol/kg to 0.31 ± 0.30 cmol/kg, copper 0.03± 0.01 cmol/kg to 0.02 ± 0.01 cmol/kg, zinc 0.01 ± 4.8E-20 cmol/kg to 0.01 ± 0.01 cmol/kg in 1996 and 2016 respectively. Almost all variables changed over significantly at 5% (P < 0.05) level except pH, organic matter, total Nitrogen and Copper content whose were not significant at 5% (P < 0.05) level not even 10% (P < 0.10) level. The increasing trends of total Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Iron were positively correlated from 1996 to 2016 than other variables. The copper and zinc content did not showing any effective change over these 20 years. The overall nutrients were adequate except organic matter and total nitrogen content. But, the trends had positive direction of all nutrients due to application of organic and inorganic fertilizer that might be correlated with increasing concern about nutrients management concept among the farmer.


Keywords :

Soil fertility; Tista floodplain; nutrients status; change analysis; organic matter.


Full Article - PDF    Page 1-9    Article Metrics


DOI : 10.9734/ARJA/2017/34365

Review History    Comments

Search this site

Advanced Search

Announcement & News

ISI Thomson Reuters selected British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research for Emerging Sources Citation Index

We are delighted to inform that ISI Thomson Reuters selected British Journal of Pharmaceutical Resea...

SCOPUS selected Annual Research & Review in Biology (ARRB)

We are delighted to inform that famous indexing organization SCOPUS (from Elsevier) selected  A...

Index Copernicus Evaluation Result Released

We are delighted to inform that Index Copernicus (a leading indexing organization from Pol...

Journal Repository (JR): Permanent Digital Archiving of SDI journals

SDI is happy to announce that all our journals are now permanently archived in Journal Repository (J...

SDI journal got 35th ranking in Publons

We are delighted to announce (as of 04/01/2016) that British Journal of Medicine and Medical Re...

Growth of SDI and world publication market

As of 2014, total 25,064 journals are competing in World market of journal publication. In 2011, tot...

Science (IF: 31) report confirmed the high standard of SDI journal

As per a recent report (Link) of Science journal (present Impact factor 31), one of our journal (Bri...

SDI introduced Post-publication peer review by its comment section

SDI journals encourage Post-publication peer review by its comment section   Policy details a...

SDI promotes transparent Advanced OPEN peer review

We have migrated to transparent and toughest ‘Advanced OPEN peer review’ system (...


  • No Awards listed.

Browser Compatibility : Mozila firefox, Google Crome and IE 7 & above. Creative Commons License Terms & Condition   |   Privacy Policy   |   Join Us   |   Help   |   Contact Us
© Copyright 2010-2018, SCIENCEDOMAIN international. All rights reserved.