Physical Science International Journal, ISSN: 2348-0130,Vol.: 12, Issue.: 2
A New Quantum Paradox
1Charactell Ltd, P.O.Box 39019, Tel-Aviv, 61390, Israel.
(1) Volodymyr Krasnoholovets, Department of Theoretical Physics, Institute of Physics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Ukraine.
(2) Shi-Hai Dong, Department of Physics School of Physics and Mathematics National Polytechnic Institute, Mexico.
(3) Stefano Moretti, School of Physics & Astronomy, University of Southampton, UK.
(1) S. B. Ota, Institute of Physics, Sachivalaya Marg, Bhubaneswar, India.
(2) Anonymous, University of Split, Croatia.
(3) Ayhan Goktepe, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey.
Complete Peer review History: http://www.sciencedomain.org/review-history/16442
A gauge transformation of a simple electromagnetic system is analyzed. The Hamiltonian which is derived from the Dirac Lagrangian density is used for determining the state of an electron. The fact that this Hamiltonian is free of time differential operators plays a key role in the analysis and proves that this Hamiltonian is not invariant under a general gauge transformation. An application of a specific gauge transformation illustrates this fact. These results call for a further analysis of the role of gauge transformations in the theoretical structure of electrodynamics.
Lagrangian density; Dirac equation; Hamiltonian; Gauge transformations; Paradox.
Full Article - PDF Page 1-6
DOI : 10.9734/PSIJ/2016/28572Review History Comments